ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Appomattox

So I guess Amherst dont have them kind of fans? Of course not.....

Every community has them.
I didn't say we didn't, we have a few idiots that sit near me but just yell at the refs and coaches. But that one fan for Appo had no business on our side walking back and forth in front of our fans taunting with a kid on his shoulders. Appo had plenty of bleachers for him to sit, he made a point to walk on our side to act like an idiot

So I guess Amherst dont have them kind of fans? Of course not.....

Every community has them.
Below is from someone who went to the game and posted this on her facebook about the Appomattox fans.

First of all congratulations to the team on their win. Now to the fans, smh. Yesterday I posted a comment on their page and it was deleted and I was blocked, lol That just shows their ignorance and guilt. The fans were very disrespectful and rude to people who were actually supporting them. A young girl from the other team was harassed just because she came on their side to take a better picture! People were made to move to the opposing side or leave the game just from making a comment stating one play called was a bad play. Is this the way an historic town is being represented? No sportsmanship whatsoever! People you need to stand back and look at yourselves and see how ignorant you looked. Not a win to be proud of with behavior like this.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Below is from someone who went to the game and posted this on her facebook about the Appomattox fans.

First of all congratulations to the team on their win. Now to the fans, smh. Yesterday I posted a comment on their page and it was deleted and I was blocked, lol That just shows their ignorance and guilt. The fans were very disrespectful and rude to people who were actually supporting them. A young girl from the other team was harassed just because she came on their side to take a better picture! People were made to move to the opposing side or leave the game just from making a comment stating one play called was a bad play. Is this the way an historic town is being represented? No sportsmanship whatsoever! People you need to stand back and look at yourselves and see how ignorant you looked. Not a win to be proud of with behavior like this.

You know what, I could go on and on about stuff bad apples from Richlands did at the game, but I am not getting into that with the poster or you. Why dont yall drop it? Its over and done with. We should not diminish what these two great teams accomplished on the field Saturday by posting about fans poor behaviors. This was one of the BEST games I have witnessed LIVE. I love my community and I know there are a few bad apples in the bunch. I will say it again, every community has them.

I didn't say we didn't, we have a few idiots that sit near me but just yell at the refs and coaches. But that one fan for Appo had no business on our side walking back and forth in front of our fans taunting with a kid on his shoulders. Appo had plenty of bleachers for him to sit, he made a point to walk on our side to act like an idiot
If you told me who he was and if I had heard it, I would have called him out myself. I apologize for that jerk. Some people just dont know how to act with class. Its not in their nature.

If you told me who he was and if I had heard it, I would have called him out myself. I apologize for that jerk. Some people just dont know how to act with class. Its not in their nature.
I appreciate that, from my understanding someone was asked to leave, it could have been him.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Just pay a little more attention on Saturday and see if you hear or notice anyone. Amherst has a couple of fans that anytime a ref makes a bad call they yell "Salem Salem" in reference to that bad call in 2005 which has been over 10 years ago. It makes most of so angry, to the point that I told one of the guys let it go, he didn't like it too much.

I appreciate that, from my understanding someone was asked to leave, it could have been him.
I also know that Amherst will not tolerate unruly fans. One lady was asked to stop her language or she would have leave and that was from a cop. Administration suspended a guy one year for two games because he cursed back at a fan from GW. That guy from GW sit on our side and was taunting our cheerleaders right in their face so our parent got so mad he couldn't hold his tongue as our entire crowd was also angry. That guy was asked to leave of course. That was a hard one to not say anything. I was at that game and that guy was a jerk

Got a question, if it was that bad, why didnt you contact the police? there were plenty of them there?

Got a question, if it was that bad, why didnt you contact the police? there were plenty of them there?

I was at the very top of the bleachers, once you were there no way to get down because there was no walk way otherwise I would have in a heartbeat. I think someone else did because I heard that a fan from Appo was asked to leave

I would have in a heart beat but was on the top row, couldn't down because there was no walkway. Someone took care of it because I heard he was asked to leave

Just pay a little more attention on Saturday and see if you hear or notice anyone. Amherst has a couple of fans that anytime a ref makes a bad call they yell "Salem Salem" in reference to that bad call in 2005 which has been over 10 years ago. It makes most of so angry, to the point that I told one of the guys let it go, he didn't like it too much.

Holding a 10 year grudge? That's nothing. This whole state hates Richlands because of an extra 1/8 of an inch in the bottom of some cleats. That was TWENTY-THREE YEARS AGO. The players that play from here on out at Richlands weren't even born. Some people, the state included, need to let it go b

I confess. I was one of those, until I met some Richlands folks Saturday. I had always imagined Richlands as a "mean bunch". But I discovered they are probably the nicest bunch of fans I have met from another school.

Reactions: Bigrhsfan
Thanks HR6, most people have their vision of the Richlands fan base and it's not always good so I'm glad you have seen them the way they really are, passionate, proud, and good people that just love their team and town !
Do we have a fan or two here and there that we are not proud of, of course, "All" teams and towns have a few that doesn't represent the whole, but for the amount of fans we have and the passion they have for our team, I think they represent very well. I know I am very proud to be part of the Richlands fan base, and to call it my home!
I'm sure a lot people feel the same about their team, town and fan base as they should !

Thanks HR6, most people have their vision of the Richlands fan base and it's not always good so I'm glad you have seen them the way they really are, passionate, proud, and good people that just love their team and town !
Do we have a fan or two here and there that we are not proud of, of course, "All" teams and towns have a few that doesn't represent the whole, but for the amount of fans we have and the passion they have for our team, I think they represent very well. I know I am very proud to be part of the Richlands fan base, and to call it my home!
I'm sure a lot people feel the same about their team, town and fan base as they should !

I know they are passionate I watched them twice at Liberty and I love fans that are passionate about their teams

Wikki,
I have found out some details to this situation. I know some of the individuals that admin the Raiders facebook page. They told me that this "young girl" doing photography was asked to leave because she was fidgeting with her phone near many of the coaches and players. They stated she was using her phone, not her camera. That is a recording device, not a camera. Tell this person you know if she posted something that was derogatory about our fans or players on facebook page, more than likely she will get banned. They said she posted it under a picture with players praying before the game. Is not not disrespectful? To come on a pic blasting our fans under a picture of players praying in circle? I dont feel it is ignorant at all, nor do i think it showed guilt. This lady coming on FB page with player praying blasting our fans not like the pot calling the kettle black? I feel it was dealt with properly. I hear she was a Amherst fan and you probably know her. Of coarse there will be sour grapes in a community of the teams we beat, but that is not the unanimous decision of all your fans our there. I know many Amherst folk and they have not said a word about our fan base. Now if another fan is cheering in our crowd turning around in his seat chastising our fans (which did happen last game), of coarse they gonna hear it from our fans.
I actually had a Richlands dude tell me I couldnt blow my horn near him because they were recording FM radio. I was 25 feet away from him and far enough it wouldnt affect him or the broadcast. I said, "Dont tell me when I can cheer and how to cheer, its only going to get louder with the fans as they start piling in." It was over with after that. I spoke to a Richlands guy at the concessions and he looked at me when I said, "How you doing sir?" 2x, second time I stopped and looked at him 3 feet away from him. He looked at the ground both times after I greeted him. I walked away and I told him "I guess yall dont speak down yalls way?" I said that to say this, EVERY community has poor behaved fans. NO COMMUNITY IS INNOCENT (not even LCA, afraid to break it to you). We could discuss this all day about that fan did this or that. We need to stop talking about the fans and talk about what them players did on that field.

I would love to know who this guy is with the kid that harassed your fans. I know a lot of the people in the community and have close connections with administration. This would not happen again if I knew the identity of this guy.

Holding a 10 year grudge? That's nothing. This whole state hates Richlands because of an extra 1/8 of an inch in the bottom of some cleats. That was TWENTY-THREE YEARS AGO. The players that play from here on out at Richlands weren't even born. Some people, the state included, need to let it go b
What was that about? I'm not old enough to remember that plus I'm not super familiar with the history of SWVA football

Wikki,
I have found out some details to this situation. I know some of the individuals that admin the Raiders facebook page. They told me that this "young girl" doing photography was asked to leave because she was fidgeting with her phone near many of the coaches and players. They stated she was using her phone, not her camera. That is a recording device, not a camera. Tell this person you know if she posted something that was derogatory about our fans or players on facebook page, more than likely she will get banned. They said she posted it under a picture with players praying before the game. Is not not disrespectful? To come on a pic blasting our fans under a picture of players praying in circle? I dont feel it is ignorant at all, nor do i think it showed guilt. This lady coming on FB page with player praying blasting our fans not like the pot calling the kettle black? I feel it was dealt with properly. I hear she was a Amherst fan and you probably know her. Of coarse there will be sour grapes in a community of the teams we beat, but that is not the unanimous decision of all your fans our there. I know many Amherst folk and they have not said a word about our fan base. Now if another fan is cheering in our crowd turning around in his seat chastising our fans (which did happen last game), of coarse they gonna hear it from our fans.
I actually had a Richlands dude tell me I couldnt blow my horn near him because they were recording FM radio. I was 25 feet away from him and far enough it wouldnt affect him or the broadcast. I said, "Dont tell me when I can cheer and how to cheer, its only going to get louder with the fans as they start piling in." It was over with after that. I spoke to a Richlands guy at the concessions and he looked at me when I said, "How you doing sir?" 2x, second time I stopped and looked at him 3 feet away from him. He looked at the ground both times after I greeted him. I walked away and I told him "I guess yall dont speak down ybualls way?" I said that to say this, EVERY community has poor behaved fans. NO COMMUNITY IS INNOCENT (not even LCA, afraid to break it to you). We could discuss this all day about that fan did this or that. We need to stop talking about the fans and talk about what them players did on that field.

I would love to know who this guy is with the kid that harassed your fans. I know a lot of the people in the community and have close connections with administration. This would not happen again if I knew the identity of this guy.

Thanks for the explanation, the lady you are talking about is from Rustburg and she and her husband used to come to Amherst games and Rustburg games. I also agree that if someone posted something negative on Amherst facebook page we would take it down and have. I am glad you found out the information for me. I will defend Amherst to the end and it sounds like you will defend Appomattox, nothing wrong with that. I saw the picture with the players praying and I think that is awesome. I wish I knew who the guy was that was taunting our fans that night, but I don't. He was a jerk. He was so out of line, that the lady sitting next to me was going to say something to him and I said it was not worth it that someone would take care of it and they did. Another lady asked me the other night about that fan. I know we all have bad fans, Amherst is one administration that will take care of unruly fans and have before. I proudly say that. By the way, it didn't have anything to do with sour grapes, she has not been to one Amherst game this year. We lost to other teams this year and nothing was posted derogatory. That one fan made everyone really mad, he should have stayed on the Appomattox side to begin with. Good Luck to your Raiders

What was that about? I'm not old enough to remember that plus I'm not super familiar with the history of SWVA football

I was only 2 when it happened. But from what I've gathered, Salem came to Richlands in the state Semis and the rumor/popular belief is that we watered the field down heavily to slow down their speed and then ordered special cleats from a sports store in Salem that had studs 1/8" too long, per VHSL rule.

This whole state still hates us over it.

I was only 2 when it happened. But from what I've gathered, Salem came to Richlands in the state Semis and the rumor/popular belief is that we watered the field down heavily to slow down their speed and then ordered special cleats from a sports store in Salem that had studs 1/8" too long, per VHSL rule.

This whole state still hates us over it.
The whole state when I or most of Central VA knows nothing about it?

Reactions: eh31
The game has been removed from YouTube for some reason.
Here is the reason. Got this from Appo facebook page:
A message from A.D. about ALIVE TV's game footage:
ALIVE TV will be taking orders for DVD’s of the four post season football games (3 region games and the State semi-final game) that they covered and broadcast. They will edit the games without the commercials and provide them in a four pack package that will be on four separate DVD's in jewel cases for $50 per package.

Orders will be taken during the State Semi-final game this Saturday. A table will be set up inside the stadium. This is Cash only. Checks will not be accepted. Expected delivery date will be the week after the State Championship being held on Dec. 12th. The DVD’s will be delivered to ACHS and can be picked up there. Do not miss this opportunity to capture the thrill of victory of the Appomattox Raiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT