ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Blacksburg

Phoebus Fan

VaPreps All Region
Jul 12, 2003
Wow from 5-5 to state title. Way to get hot at the right time. Congrats on the trophy win.

Big congrats to Blacksburg. Awesome game. Not being a sore looser so please don't take my statement that way..... but there was alot of questionable officiating. For example the pass interference in the end zone that was very un catchable. Very well the difference in the game. It happened on both sides of the ball but that one hurt.

Reactions: OCBoy
Big congrats to Blacksburg. Awesome game. Not being a sore looser so please don't take my statement that way..... but there was alot of questionable officiating. For example the pass interference in the end zone that was very un catchable. Very well the difference in the game. It happened on both sides of the ball but that one hurt.
That was tough buy they also had two more plays to score had they not thrown the flag. Blacksburg defense was the difference maker. Far cry from the 60+ points that some predicted for SR.

Congratulations to Blacksburg! Way to reset the season! All that experience defending against the wing paid off.

There is no such thing as "uncatchable" in high school football.

Reactions: obguthr
I just hope the perception of football west of Richmond by some of the 757 folks changes, especially with Magna Vista and Blacksburg beating Phoebus and Salem beating Dinwiddie after beating Lake Taylor last year. 2A Appomattox of this season and last season can compete with anyone in any class on any given night. They were that good, and I wish I had gotten to see them up close. To be honest, the only truly weaker areas in the state for football is the Charlottesville area and Southside VA (not Southwest). I used to have my own perceptions about different areas, but after gaining more maturity and seeing football all across the state in person now, my perception has changed. I wish all Virginians could stop debating about the areas and embrace them all. There is great football played everywhere in the state and we're all in this together. :D

I just hope the perception of football west of Richmond by some of the 757 folks changes, especially with Magna Vista and Blacksburg beating Phoebus and Salem beating Dinwiddie after beating Lake Taylor last year. 2A Appomattox of this season and last season can compete with anyone in any class on any given night. They were that good, and I wish I had gotten to see them up close. To be honest, the only truly weaker areas in the state for football is the Charlottesville area and Southside VA (not Southwest). I used to have my own perceptions about different areas, but after gaining more maturity and seeing football all across the state in person now, my perception has changed. I wish all Virginians could stop debating about the areas and embrace them all. There is great football played everywhere in the state and we're all in this together. :D
I'd buy you a Zima if I could

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
@95mv yeah, there are exceptions in every area. Southside runs from your area, all the way past Emporia. The majority of those schools are down almost every year in football.

That was the correct call by officials.it happened to in front of me
Sorry my friend, but that was a horrible call and should not have been thrown. Blacksburg won the game and I don't know if it would have mattered, but that was a really bad call. I too was there, on the field, and couldn't believe it.

It was an uncatchable ball. At least 5 yards out of bounds and at least that over his head. Again, I am not taking anything away from Bburg. Great season!

See my post earlier in this thread. There is no "uncatchable" rule in high school football. This is a common misunderstanding. The rule exists in both the college and NFL games but not at the high school level.

Here let me put this to rest , lets say that it was an uncatchable ball, but pass is in the air, and by the mugging the defensive player made it would be defensive holding would it not and a automatic first down? Pass interference or defensive holding take your choice

No. Ball in the air = pass interference. Defensive holding would be impeding the receivers route by grabbing or holding him BEFORE the ball is in the air.

I know, just stating it is one or the other. What's also unknown is Coffee has a 96" vertical leap and a 9' wing span

That "uncatchable" rule is one of those I'd like people to learn more about. I hear it multiple times a year and when you try to explain folks act like you dont know what you're about. I guess it's because they see it in the college game and the NFL? Anyhow, spread the word! There is no "uncatchable" rule in high school football! And, it's actually good because it teaches the DBs to keep their hands to themselves and read the receiver. :0)

also you can face guard in high school and college and can't on Sundays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT