ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Byrd!!!

Nov 25, 2002
Byrd left no doubt that they were the better team tonight! Came to MV and brought the wood shed with them...ouch...Uncle...Uncle! Byrd put on a display tonight in all phases and won all of the phases! I don't like seeing my team get beat down like that but when it was a legit beat down, hats off! Congratulations to William Byrd and good luck next week! I think Byrd's coaching staff did a fantastic job game planning MV and MV just had no offense tonight to move the football! I like this Byrd team alot and that coaching staff! #4 Hairston got popped hard in 2nd quarter and that young man is a gamer...love his heart! Like the way that Byrds interior O-line man handled MV D all night! Just didn't think I would see MV get bullied that bad unless it was LCA but WOW, did Byrd want that game! Warriors had a good run and I appreciate the ride from the Warriors to give Ridgeway something to do on Friday nights and Good luck to Byrd to keep their ride going!

Byrd left no doubt that they were the better team tonight! Came to MV and brought the wood shed with them...ouch...Uncle...Uncle! Byrd put on a display tonight in all phases and won all of the phases! I don't like seeing my team get beat down like that but when it was a legit beat down, hats off! Congratulations to William Byrd and good luck next week! I think Byrd's coaching staff did a fantastic job game planning MV and MV just had no offense tonight to move the football! I like this Byrd team alot and that coaching staff! #4 Hairston got popped hard in 2nd quarter and that young man is a gamer...love his heart! Like the way that Byrds interior O-line man handled MV D all night! Just didn't think I would see MV get bullied that bad unless it was LCA but WOW, did Byrd want that game! Warriors had a good run and I appreciate the ride from the Warriors to give Ridgeway something to do on Friday nights and Good luck to Byrd to keep their ride going!
Sorry for you buddy, and the rest of the MV community. But, like Dinwiddie, we both simply got beat by a team that outplayed us. That is the way it’s supposed to be, “may the best team win!” But still, it stings.

Congrats to WB.

Great season @mvwarrior. Way to represent the Piedmont this year. Warriors will be the team to beat next year and should contend for the state championship.

Reactions: FoxesPride
BoKnows, they had a good season and next year will pretty much be the same. No one is messing with LCA this year or next.
LCA will be good but they’re graduating those difference makers. MV has a really good opportunity to win 1 or 2 state championships with the talent in that program.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Sorry for you buddy, and the rest of the MV community. But, like Dinwiddie, we both simply got beat by a team that outplayed us. That is the way it’s supposed to be, “may the best team win!” But still, it stings.

Congrats to WB.
Yes sir! MV did get flat out outplayed! Byrds coaching staff honestly were the difference in this one! MV and Byrd both have athletes but I felt MV had a few more play makers but unfortunately they were not in the right places to be successful and Byrds were nearly every down! Hats off to the Byrd team! If they play like that against LCA, I think they can make a game of it...not saying they win, but Byrd has some offensive schemes and wrinkles that can turn into big plays. I left the game very impressed with Byrd and wondered how could they have played those close games to lesser teams this season! Seriously, the Byrd team that showed up last night was dynamic in all phases! Not good, Dynamic! Loved watching them spread MV out and move the football with literal ease! They could pick their poison run or pass and MV was helpless! Awesome display if you a Byrd fan, but was a downer if you a MV fan! Wish them boys from Vinton good luck! I really think they will surprise LCA with different looks. I'm a fan of Byrds from watching them in person! Good luck guys and looked like they were whole after the game but I think MV put out #40 (maybe just a shoulder stinger) and almost put out #4 but that young man shook it off and got his legs back under him and off he went in the second half!

LCA will be good but they’re graduating those difference makers. MV has a really good opportunity to win 1 or 2 state championships with the talent in that program.
Unfortunately Bo, I think nearly everyone of LCA's studs are back. I only know of #56 I think that's a senior...so lol...if they that good this season lights out next! #56 is a beast beside #78 but I think that #78 gonna seal, trap, and move anyone he wants next season with ease like he did this season if not more so! Davidson may have to start jogging instead of running just to feel some contact so he'll even know he's playing football and not doing walk through drills pregame, next season...lol! MV is very young, most MV talent skill positions are sophomores...key players that are sophomores to keep an eye on coming up...#6 Simeon Moore QB (still needs to mature alot and check down quicker), #9 Ethan Dukes (whom I'm calling the best LB to EVER come out of MV and maybe our entire area), and O-Lineman #60 Will Mabe whom is 100 lbs lighter than his opposition in most games but that young man can flat run his assignments!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT