ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Essex’s Dorian Harris…

He has received an offer from D2 Bethany College in Bethany, West Virginia. I believe this is his 1st offer. Playing the way he has this year, I’m pretty sure more offers will come.
The kid is special. I have no doubt that more offers will come in and potentially at the D1 level. Whatever school that gets him is getting a heck of a football player. Schools need to be looking at #58, the big Rich kid too. He's one of the best DTs I've seen in awhile. He is a complete game changer and if Essex is to get over the hump this year, I think he's the one player that makes a total difference. In years past they didn't always match up on the D line, but this years D line and that defense in general is a bunch of dogs. You know me ET1 and you know I'm all about blue collar football and defense and I've been more impressed with this Essex team than I have any in the last 6 or 7 years. In my opinion, this is Todd Jones best team since he returned to Essex

The kid is special. I have no doubt that more offers will come in and potentially at the D1 level. Whatever school that gets him is getting a heck of a football player. Schools need to be looking at #58, the big Rich kid too. He's one of the best DTs I've seen in awhile. He is a complete game changer and if Essex is to get over the hump this year, I think he's the one player that makes a total difference. In years past they didn't always match up on the D line, but this years D line and that defense in general is a bunch of dogs. You know me ET1 and you know I'm all about blue collar football and defense and I've been more impressed with this Essex team than I have any in the last 6 or 7 years. In my opinion, this is Todd Jones best team since he returned to Essex
I made a boo boo. The school is in Lindsborg, KS….not West Virginia

I made a boo boo. The school is in Lindsborg, KS….not West Virginia
Also known as "Little Sweden." I lived there for 2 years. Bethany is a Lutheran school and Lindsborg was settled by the Swedes and still has about 1/2 of the town of Swedish decent with fluent Swedish language spoken by many, and Swedish restaurants and even a Swedish grocery store still in the town. It's all Vikingd up and Swedish flags all through the town. Neat place to see if traveling in Kansas.

Interesting there buddy, cause I know quite a few kids that are playing D3 and were never "offered"
I know numerous kids from this area alone and they have been offered in the last several years. Granted, it's not D1, but it's also not like high school where you just show up to the first day of practice and you're automatically on the team. If that's the case then anyone could just show up and say I'm a college football player. Maybe the kids you're referring to are walk ons, but I can assure you that D3 schools are in constant contact with players and if they want them, then yes they will offer them.

D3 kids are offered same as others, there is just no athletic money given. D3 schools find other ways to lower tuition such as grants and academic scholarships.
Just yesterday alone, two kids from this area were offered by Christopher Newport. One from Essex and one from King and Queen

My son has received an offer from a D3 in Arkansas. It just doesn't come with an athletic scholarship. Strictly Academic incentives. D1,D2,NAIA,and JUCO can offer athletic scholarships as was the case with my daughter.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT