ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Martinsville

I pretty much stand by my earlier comment of saying that RU is the best place for him. And yes, he will be happier at RU than at VCU - being from a small school in a small city doesn't exactly prepare you for "bright lights-big city". And, remember, he's only a 3-hour round trip from home at RU compared to a 6- or 7-hour round trip if he was going to VCU. He may not be physically or mentally ready to play with the "big boys" but he will get a chance to develop at RU. I'm certain he would have "jumped" at the chance to be at any of the schools you mentioned but, in the long run, RU will be better for him than those schools would have been.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I pretty much stand by my earlier comment of saying that RU is the best place for him. And yes, he will be happier at RU than at VCU - being from a small school in a small city doesn't exactly prepare you for "bright lights-big city". And, remember, he's only a 3-hour round trip from home at RU compared to a 3- or 7-hour round trip if he was going to VCU. He may not be physically or mentally ready to play with the "big boys" but he will get a chance to develop at RU. I'm certain he would have "jumped" at the chance to be at any of the schools you mentioned but, in the long run, RU will be better for him than those schools would have been.
I agree 100% with you now! I misinterpreted what you were saying but I totally agree with everything you've said!!

@one man Hoos gave me your info and I added you on Facebook probably a month ago. I remember seeing you in Peters A LOT when I was at RU. Crazy!! Idk if you remember me. I think we might've played ball together in Peters a couple of times maybe. I definitely remember you in Peters. I lived in Draper Hall on Moffett Quad and I used to cut through Peters when I left the Bonnie or Dalton, especially when it was cold lol.. Radford winters were no joke!

@one man Hoos gave me your info and I added you on Facebook probably a month ago. I remember seeing you in Peters A LOT when I was at RU. Crazy!! Idk if you remember me. I think we might've played ball together in Peters a couple of times maybe. I definitely remember you in Peters. I lived in Draper Hall on Moffett Quad and I used to cut through Peters when I left the Bonnie or Dalton, especially when it was cold lol.. Radford winters were no joke!

I can't recall to be honest, hella people used to ball in Peters. Me not being a very good bball player, I was just there for the cardio. I had dreads back then. Those winters were indeed rugged, lol.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT