ADVERTISEMENT

Courtland cougar smurf field is complete!

courtlandcougars1987

VaPreps Rookie
Jun 12, 2015
The new smurf blue field turf is completed with just a few things to tidy up. Courtland also getting a new upgraded field house and weight lifting room. With the new overall school addition/expansion, new blue field, new weightroom, field house and 350 additional students from Ponax, it has been quite the transformation since football season ended last year.

Probably looking at home uniform change as the very blue new field clashes with the home blue uniform jersey? I think Boise plays at home at times in an all blue uniform, not sure what CT will do? Current colors are royal blue and silver/grey. What would you guys do??

Probably looking at home uniform change as the very blue new field clashes with the home blue uniform jersey? I think Boise plays at home at times in an all blue uniform, not sure what CT will do? Current colors are royal blue and silver/grey. What would you guys do??[/

They could choose to wear their white/light color jersey and have the away team wear their dark colors. No rules saying the home team has to wear dark. As long one team wears “light” and one team wears “dark” and both teams agree, it could be done. I know EC Glass wore white jerseys at all home games last year for every game except one.

Probably looking at home uniform change as the very blue new field clashes with the home blue uniform jersey? I think Boise plays at home at times in an all blue uniform, not sure what CT will do? Current colors are royal blue and silver/grey. What would you guys do??
Not put in a blue field in the first place........but that is now OBE.

Reactions: ForTheKidz
I’ll be the Negative Nancy. I never got the fascination of these colored fields. My team played at Coastal Carolina University last year where they have an ugly teal colored field. Just took away from the game, however, Coastal is much more appealing than Eastern Washington’s red field and I can’t even watch Boise State games on that eyesore blue field. Football was made to be played on grass or a grass colored artificial turf field, not an eye sore.

For a while we were not going to do the blue field because of the home uniforms, but that changed. I do like the field with the grey/white striping that was added and cougar paw, does look good if thats what you like? So weird now entering the shool and seeing that blue field, really gets your attention.

I drive by it every day. You can’t see it from the road so I had to do a drive-by. The silver stripes and The Raw Meat Paw looks good. I did look for a checkerboard end zones. VFL78

No checked boards, going to be COUGARS spelled out in the endzone.from what being told by team personnel. I was there yesterday and it looks like the endzone had been taped off, equal size letter box at each endzone. The school addition is done, the new practice fied facility is done and the new field house upgrade is hastily underway.
Cant wait for everything to be cleaned up..

That’s awesome and it’s going to be a fun venue to play in. Historically successful program with a new look.

Been long time coming, field house was still original from when we opened in 1980. Addition was really needed and with 350 kids from Ponax transfering over was a must, looks really good. I really do like the field, take some getting use to though, would like to see a drone view soon, very bright. The home uniforms are, well dont know what JC has up his sleeve. Tough first game, we are definitely playoff contenders, but are younger this year than any orher over the past 10 years. Bunch of good JV enforcements, couple transfers and Ponax influence. However, I think the Ponax bump in reference to our football program wont show until next season, most of their seniors could stay at Ponax. There are though several former Ponax players that have been at weightlifting since end of school year. QB play even if only handing off 50 times a game will be our biggest question mark?? We have another dynamic RB coming in as a Freshman who will push for varsity time, outstanding talent who played for my competitive flag football team during the spring.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who like the look, and it really only matters what your community thinks, but boy I would hate to see that for my school. Nothing against Courtland, as I think the same thing with Boise and others with colored fields.

Good luck to you this season

Yeah, can agree with you. I think Chancellor is next and then either Spitsy or Ponax, curious to see what they do? Each county school is getting a new turf field.

Yeah,
Like that idea. We have had some stranger uniforms over the years, all grey, black pants royal jersey as nd such. We play KG in all white last year and it looked pretty good.

Reactions: gwb16
Photos? I mean this is a pretty big deal for the county and for the program due to it being the first turf field in the county and the fact that its blue which is a first in Virginia and the fact that the stadium is bound to be a backup location for games if some are postponed due to rain.

Someone needs a lesson in promotion and marketing their program.

Reactions: one man
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT