ADVERTISEMENT

Culpeper Conference 27 and Evergreen District Champions

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
For the second year in a row. They will host the winner of Spotsylvania/Manassas Park next week.

Culpeper is actually overrated they don't have the star power they had last year with Butler. They will probably win Conference 27 Tment and possibly first round but will lose to any team that comes out of Richmond area....

I wish coach Thompson and Culpeper would just schedule the Richmond teams during the regular season. I mean winning conference championships/ regular season #1 seeds is nice but getting put out year after year by Richmond teams in Regionals gets old. Let go of the cupcake schedule and go to JM/ Wythe/ Hopewell/ Petersburg etc.. at this point its a win/win situation my eyes even in a lost your team can get use to that level of play and game atmosphere. Then come playoff time your team can be ready... they can win the conference no problem so why not play those teams. Get out of that Daily Progress xmas tourney and play some tougher teams.. dont want to go to Richmond, hell play Coloniel Forge, Hylton, Potomac, Spotswood,
Playing better schools will only better the team and its chances to advance in post season

Couldn't agree more with your statement... It was just like when they played in the Battlefield... they would win then fall to a team in playoffs that damn near had a losing record. Daily Progress Tment isn't like the old day Tment it is watered down now with only local teams. I wish they would team up with EV and host a 3 day Tment in Culpeper and put some power teams in the Tment. EV even went out and scheduled Spotswood this year cudos to them... Its time for the program to take the next step and that's to prepare for post season play. Athletes are there just have to get them ready for that type of play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT