ADVERTISEMENT

Danvillesportshead

wikki

VaPreps All State
Oct 21, 2001
I see you picked Amherst over Dominion. I don't know anything about them but being on the road is going to be tough. I hope you are right but they need to tackle better and limit costly turnovers. Of course they need to beat Pulaski first. I would like to know people's thoughts

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Dominion played Woodgrove close...real close. Their only other loss was to an 8-2 Potomac Falls team. I saw them play Charlottesville at the beginning of the year, and their defense was pretty nasty. They beat 3 quality 4A opponents this year (Loudoun Valley, John Champe, Heritage) but they haven't beaten a team on Amherst's level, but both of the teams they played that were on their level they played close (lost 15-7 and 24-14). It should be an interesting game, a contrast in styles, Amherst likes to light up the scoreboard (37.3 ppg) and Dominion's defense is where it gets it's strength (13.8 points against per game). The most amount of points Dominion was allowed this year is 24 to Woodgrove.

Dominion played Woodgrove close...real close. Their only other loss was to an 8-2 Potomac Falls team. I saw them play Charlottesville at the beginning of the year, and their defense was pretty nasty. They beat 3 quality 4A opponents this year (Loudoun Valley, John Champe, Heritage) but they haven't beaten a team on Amherst's level, but both of the teams they played that were on their level they played close (lost 15-7 and 24-14). It should be an interesting game, a contrast in styles, Amherst likes to light up the scoreboard (37.3 ppg) and Dominion's defense is where it gets it's strength (13.8 points against per game). The most amount of points Dominion was allowed this year is 24 to Woodgrove.
Thanks for that because I love that team and they fight till the end and don't give up as in their last games except Appomattox. They need to tackle better and low, they tackle high and that isn't working. I wish high schools stripped the ball, I never see that. They also need to defend the pass better, it seems like they leave the guy wide open. I hope Keshon is back for that game, he is a hustler and a great passer. Octavious has done a great job. Also anytime Derrick has a great game, they win

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT