ADVERTISEMENT

Unrelated to Football -- Job Search

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
I hope this message finds you all well. We got a decent amount of snow over here in the valley, enough to cancel first day of classes at JMU. I got to sleep in, play some pickup, and work on job applications, so a good start to the semester over here.

As some of you know, I joined VAPreps back in 2017 as a freshman in high school. It is now 2024 :eek: and I will be graduating from JMU in the spring. With that, I've begun looking for jobs, which I'm sure you all know is a fun process. I was lucky enough to meet my future wife at JMU (we'll get married in the fall) and she graduated a semester early and is already working full time as a social worker, so I am lucky enough to be able to sit back and enjoy my last semester a bit, though I will be working plenty myself when I have the time.

I will graduate with a bachelor's in business management in the spring. I have applied to all sorts of entry level jobs all over the state (sales, finance, management, you name it). Along with that, I am also trying to find my way into the world of high school coaching. I've been an assistant at a high school's boys varsity program all throughout college and want nothing more than to be a head coach one day. I have always kept my eyes open to teaching, and though I don't have my license, I know there are many places that would happily provide a provisional, so always keeping my ears open for that. I would say I have a pretty wide knowledge of the VHSL in general, particularly in Central Virginia and the valley. I've worked as a sports journalist since high school as well, played ball in high school, substitute teach and coach in the valley, and spend way too much of my day watching old games on NFHS.

If any of you know someone who may be hiring, looking for any fresh-out-of college workers in any sort of department, high school or not, let me know. We would love to live somewhere bigger at least to start (been looking at Richmond and NOVA mostly) but certainly want to hear of any opportunities that I can pounce on anywhere. I'm pretty sure there's a direct message feature on here but I may be totally wrong, either way let me know and I can get you another way to contact me.

I hope you all had a wonderful winter. I'm a basketball guy and have been loving this season, but football will be here before you know it. Appreciate yall's time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT