ADVERTISEMENT

I need football talk

Sep 24, 2019
I need some excitement in my life. Teams to beat in D4 ball! Salem lost a lot of talent, do they miss a beat? Does Phoebus go for a 3 peat? Lets hear what you got to say.

Tuscarora will be very tough this year. They return a ton of talent and are well coached. Woodgrove will also be a tough out and despite their record last year (they were very young) they look like the WHS of old. John Champe will be back as they return some key pieces and have some transfers in from Stone Bridge.

I need some excitement in my life. Teams to beat in D4 ball! Salem lost a lot of talent, do they miss a beat? Does Phoebus go for a 3 peat? Lets hear what you got to say.
Phoebus is going for the 4peat and will be loaded this year. Told y’all early last year be on the look out for Banks and he took off. Next in line at Phoebus is Money Hollier. Rising freshman that will have immediate impact. Phoebus is going to be good for years to come with the pipeline of talent they have coming in

Phoebus is going for the 4peat and will be loaded this year. Told y’all early last year be on the look out for Banks and he took off. Next in line at Phoebus is Money Hollier. Rising freshman that will have immediate impact. Phoebus is going to be good for years to come with the pipeline of talent they have coming in
What middle school is feeding this pipeline?

C4 will yet again be the toughest classification in all of VA. I’ve bought stock in them and buying more, Huguenot is going to be the best all around team in the 804. Got one of the better offensive lineman in the area but they are losing their QB, who was one of my favorite players in the area. Scott’s son will take over. 6’4 220 rising freshman and can sling it. I don’t believe in the rankings but is said to be one of the top QBs in the class of ‘28. We’ll see but definitely have them up there with Phoebus, Varina, Salem and Tusky.

Reactions: GoBlue2109
C4 will yet again be the toughest classification in all of VA. I’ve bought stock in them and buying more, Huguenot is going to be the best all around team in the 804. Got one of the better offensive lineman in the area but they are losing their QB, who was one of my favorite players in the area. Scott’s son will take over. 6’4 220 rising freshman and can sling it. I don’t believe in the rankings but is said to be one of the top QBs in the class of ‘28. We’ll see but definitely have them up there with Phoebus, Varina, Salem and Tusky.
Did the qb transfer to LC Bird? see on his hudl it says LC Bird listed as one of his teams on his hudl

Reactions: 804 Football Fan
Heard about this but didn't know if it was true. Risky move pushing out a proven senior starter for your freshman son. If they did have high aspirations for next year this probably moves them to a year away.

Overall I think Phoebus might steamroll D4. And I'll say Varina/Dinwiddie will be right there.

Varina qb situation worries me though. Hopefully they don't drag out a qb competition so the starter can get comfortable early.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Let's forget the contender talk and go with something more interesting.

Who do you think will make the biggest jump OR fall next year in terms of wins. Doesn't mean a team will be a contender but can someone go from 1 win to 5 as an example. Or vice versa. Can be from any division.

Heard about this but didn't know if it was true. Risky move pushing out a proven senior starter for your freshman son. If they did have high aspirations for next year this probably moves them to a year away.

Overall I think Phoebus might steamroll D4. And I'll say Varina/Dinwiddie will be right there.

Varina qb situation worries me though. Hopefully they don't drag out a qb competition so the starter can get comfortable early.
Varina won't have any QB situation at all, just wait for the news to break.

Varina won’t have a QB situation at all. Some know, some don’t. I’ll let the kid make the public announcement.

You don’t think the loses of the d/o lineman affect them much? I thought they would be down because you normally don’t find trenches like that they were extremely dominant..they must have help on the way 👀

Let's forget the contender talk and go with something more interesting.

Who do you think will make the biggest jump OR fall next year in terms of wins. Doesn't mean a team will be a contender but can someone go from 1 win to 5 as an example. Or vice versa. Can be from any division.
GW Danville and Amherst should take the biggest jumps in 4D. I see JF and Glass taking a few steps back but their coaching staffs are very good so who knows. Who knows what Jeff Woody and Charlottesville are going to look like?

4B will be insane. I like Huguenot, Varina, Dinwiddie and Eastern View to be the unarguable top 4. EV will definitely have the talent to compete/beat those three. Biggest jump? The Henrico Warriors are going to be solid. PH Ashland is going to be tough. Powahthan will be very good and so will the Hanover Hawks. Toughest region in all of VHSL.

4B will be insane. I like Huguenot, Varina, Dinwiddie and Eastern View to be the unarguable top 4. EV will definitely have the talent to compete/beat those three. Biggest jump? The Henrico Warriors are going to be solid. PH Ashland is going to be tough. Powahthan will be very good and so will the Hanover Hawks. Toughest region in all of VHSL.
EV??? Woah…. I agree 4B will be ridiculous again.. Powahthan is my sneaker to win it or be in region championship

I think Henrico can make a 4 game jump. Plenty of talent and Coach Holmes will be in his 2nd year.

King George could possibly end up having a big drop. 1 loss to 4 losses

Caroline County could have a 3 game jump.

Non C4 teams

Deep Run could go from 1 win to 5 wins

TJ Richmond could from 1 loss to 5 losses

I refuse to believe Goochland will continue to be down and say they go from 3 wins to 8 wins

EV??? Woah…. I agree 4B will be ridiculous again.. Powahthan is my sneaker to win it or be in region championship
EV returns a bunch. If their QB makes a jump, they’ll be very very dangerous. He’s about 6’3 230 and reminds me a lot of the Bell kid from Louisa a few years back. The Butler kid was one of the better players I saw last year and he was only a sophomore.

I agree 1000% on Powhatan too. If they get a few kids who can run, they could certainly win Region B.

Reactions: cavaliers91
GW Danville and Amherst should take the biggest jumps in 4D. I see JF and Glass taking a few steps back but their coaching staffs are very good so who knows. Who knows what Jeff Woody and Charlottesville are going to look like?
I see Amherst staying the same, maybe a lil worse. Both Glass and JF will take a step backwards. Woodys second year in Cville could be interesting.

Why worse? Curious
Losing one more game than they did last year, would be worse. I just don’t see anything that is going to make them compete in the district or region. I’ve been wrong a lot but time will tell.

EV returns a bunch. If their QB makes a jump, they’ll be very very dangerous. He’s about 6’3 230 and reminds me a lot of the Bell kid from Louisa a few years back. The Butler kid was one of the better players I saw last year and he was only a sophomore.

I agree 1000% on Powhatan too. If they get a few kids who can run, they could certainly win Region B.
Powhatan is solid but I don’t think they can win B. I think Huguenot changing QB’s is crazy. Why can’t Scott Jr just start as a sophomore? He would get plenty of mop up time this season anyways. I think that is a mistake to let the QB go. Did Huguenot land even more new transfers of signifigance?

Losing one more game than they did last year, would be worse. I just don’t see anything that is going to make them compete in the district or region. I’ve been wrong a lot but time will tell.
I feel they will be better. Chris Moore’s second year and the young men really like him . The players seem excited for the season

Reactions: catchtds
Powhatan is solid but I don’t think they can win B. I think Huguenot changing QB’s is crazy. Why can’t Scott Jr just start as a sophomore? He would get plenty of mop up time this season anyways. I think that is a mistake to let the QB go. Did Huguenot land even more new transfers of signifigance?
Huguenot didn’t want Jason to leave. Word is they told him that it would be an open competition and he left on his own will. He’s going to take Bird to another level and they’ll contend for 5C.

Huguenot didn’t want Jason to leave. Word is they told him that it would be an open competition and he left on his own will. He’s going to take Bird to another level and they’ll contend for 5C.
Damn, we could have used him too. 3 schools in 4 years. No shade though, I like the kid and am rooting for him

Huguenot’s QB situation is extremely interesting. Once the smoke clears in a week or so, we’ll come back to your post.

All I actually know is they brought in a new QB and big time lineman from James River. I had them coming out of 4B, however, with Wright gone, I think Varina will be the team to beat with most of that defense coming back and the offense will be much improved.

I’m interested in seeing what happens at Prince George. They’re going to have a huge decision to make. They could be on their way to being a premier program in the 804.

Reactions: 2up2down804
Huguenot’s QB situation is extremely interesting. Once the smoke clears in a week or so, we’ll come back to your post.

All I actually know is they brought in a new QB and big time lineman from James River. I had them coming out of 4B, however, with Wright gone, I think Varina will be the team to beat with most of that defense coming back and the offense will be much improved.

I’m interested in seeing what happens at Prince George. They’re going to have a huge decision to make. They could be on their way to being a premier program in the 804.
Definitely going to be interesting!!

You don’t think the loses of the d/o lineman affect them much? I thought they would be down because you normally don’t find trenches like that they were extremely dominant..they must have help on the way 👀
Reddick and Stephenson won’t be an easy replacement but they have a lot of talent on that dline coming back and coming in. It’s just still so early to even talk about it because there’s a lot of rumors about transfers

Reactions: cavaliers91
It doesn't make sense to me from a couple of different angles. But I truly wish him the best because he's really been in a tough spot. I would've looked at one of the west end schools
Fasho! Imagine him at Hermitage or even Henrico. I’m hearing he’ll get the same opportunity as Jason Wright had to start but have the open competition with Scott Jr. Hell of a player, Varina’s offense just didn’t fit his skill set. I would’ve loved to seen him at Mataoca.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT