ADVERTISEMENT

Did anybody attend tonight's Riverheads at Luray scrimmage?

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
Just curious as to how the Gladiators looked........considering that they only have seven on the roster until football is over. Any reports?

According to NFHS Network Varsity score was 54-43 Luray and JV score was 43-26 Riverheads. Both games were 4 quarters

Thanks. It never occurred to me that a scrimmage would be on NFHS but I located it close to midnight. Since it just wouldn't be the same as watching a real game, I just skimmed through some of it. As I suspected the Big Red was at a disadvantage tonight with only seven players, whereas Luray had its full team. But they looked like they were hustling as hard as they could given their lack of numbers and size. I don't think any of the seven we have now are much over 6 feet if any of them are. So hopefully some size will be coming along soon.

So let's take football as far as it is going to go and then see what happens when we have a full team. I will say that JV score sounds encouraging. I noticed that the Big Red has two eighth-graders on the JV team so maybe one or both of them shined tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT