ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie 70 Denbigh 0

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Before anyone starts saying the Generals ran the score up let me explain that things were out of hand from the opening kickoff.

11 seconds into the game Josiah Williams ran the opening kickoff back for a 75 yard TD. After a Denbigh punt Dinwiddie ran two plays and scored again. Another punt and after two plays we score again. You get the idea. The starters probably ran 17 total plays all night. Pope scored 3 td's (1 rushing, receiving and a pick six). Zyan Sturdivant scored three times. K'ymon was 5-6 for 87 yards.

Starters out with 3 minutes left in the first half. Back ups and JV squad played the final half and scored on a blocked punt and a long drive. Denbigh has a few good players, but struggled all night moving the ball. I like the toughness of their slot receiver and they have two good defensive ends. The don't have any depth and will struggle to get wins in their district.

On to Smithfield next week. No injuries for the Generals.

Addition: Just found out kicker, Todd Anspach set a Richmond Metro area record with 9 extra points in a game.

Last edited:
Denbeigh when they play the top teams down here regularly give up big numbers also. You've got to play the first string for at the first half. Heard it was 56-0 at the half. "Only" two scores in the 2nd half.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Denbeigh when they play the top teams down here regularly give up big numbers also. You've got to play the first string for at the first half. Heard it was 56-0 at the half. "Only" two scores in the 2nd half.
Yes this is nothing new. Each week most of these games a team wins by 20 or more.

Reactions: gwb16
That's correct, 56-0 at the half. No speciality plays by Dinwiddie all night. Just vanilla play calling.

Tough season ahead for Denbigh.

One of their players was taken to the hospital with a painful hip injury. I hope and pray that this young man will be ok.

The crowd was a little larger than what we usually get for these pre-school-opening games. Denbigh didn't have many fans on their side, maybe 50. I would estimate the crowd at around 2000.

Former Louisa game announcer Chuck Moss announced his first game for Dinwiddie. By all accounts, he did an excellent job. We let him down however. Our sound system performed horribly. For this, we apologize to Mr. Moss. We are in need of a highly skilled audio technician to make a service call and evaluate the system.

We were also graced with the presence of our highly esteemed former PA anouncer, Mr Bill Knott! Such an honor to have him back with us for the game. He chose to sit in the stands like an ordinary fan, for the first time in 51 years. I'm sure that was a weird feeling for him. Mr. Knott is fighting cancer, however he looked good and moved with his typical easy grace. They tell him that the cancer can not be cured, and it will only be a matter of time. But, cancer has met a very formidable opponent.

Some schools down here don't travel well. Heritage NN though rated well in pre season had maybe 50-60 here in Williamsburg. Warhill side was packed and overflow. Heritage had some nice passing but overall not the Heritage type teams I have seen play Lafayette. They may find it more difficult than thought in the s Peninsula district this year. They play Phoebus next. That will pretty show where their headed for the following 8 games.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT