ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie at Heritage

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
A visit to Lynchburg's City Stadium is always a nice experience. Especially after this dumbass put Heritage High School in his GPS. So, once we got to the correct place, I had an enjoyable evening.🤫 I love so much to watch a couple of classy teams of high schoolers play a game that means so much to our communities. On this night, Dinwiddie was the better team, but take nothing away from those kids at Heritage. They can hold their heads high. There was no quit in those young men. We will be seeing them in Class 3 playoffs, I am sure.

This game brings to close the agreement between our two schools for playing football. I express my gratitude to the great folks at Heritage for helping us out when we were struggling to find a game.

My visit to Lynchburg was made extra special when I had the opportunity to meet a gentleman with a history and strong ties to Heritage, Mr. Ty Gafford. What a wonderful person. The instant that you meet Ty, you feel like you have known him forever. Ty recently became the Assistant Director at the VHSL. I can’t imagine anyone that the VHSL could have found that would do a better job. Great meeting you sir.

For Dinwiddie next week, it will be another long road trip. 112 miles, 2+ hours on I 95 through Richmond and Fredericksburg, to North Stafford High School. I’m looking forward to the game, but not the I 95 gauntlet. This will be followed by our open week before we begin District play.

For Heritage, the road ahead will truly be a challenge. The Pioneers head east to angry Appomattox after the Raiders absorbed a tough loss last night. And it doesn’t get better for awhile. After that, cross town bitter rival EC Glass, then the Rustburg team that just beat Appomattox. Then the Bees, followed by powerful LCA, and then surprising, resurgent JF. Of these next six opponents, there has only been one loss this season so far, that being Appomattox last night.

I wish nothing but the best to our friends at Heritage. Your appreciative fans from Dinwiddie will be pulling for you. Thank you again for the great hospitality.

A visit to Lynchburg's City Stadium is always a nice experience. Especially after this dumbass put Heritage High School in his GPS. So, once we got to the correct place, I had an enjoyable evening.🤫 I love so much to watch a couple of classy teams of high schoolers play a game that means so much to our communities. On this night, Dinwiddie was the better team, but take nothing away from those kids at Heritage. They can hold their heads high. There was no quit in those young men. We will be seeing them in Class 3 playoffs, I am sure.

This game brings to close the agreement between our two schools for playing football. I express my gratitude to the great folks at Heritage for helping us out when we were struggling to find a game.

My visit to Lynchburg was made extra special when I had the opportunity to meet a gentleman with a history and strong ties to Heritage, Mr. Ty Gafford. What a wonderful person. The instant that you meet Ty, you feel like you have known him forever. Ty recently became the Assistant Director at the VHSL. I can’t imagine anyone that the VHSL could have found that would do a better job. Great meeting you sir.

For Dinwiddie next week, it will be another long road trip. 112 miles, 2+ hours on I 95 through Richmond and Fredericksburg, to North Stafford High School. I’m looking forward to the game, but not the I 95 gauntlet. This will be followed by our open week before we begin District play.

For Heritage, the road ahead will truly be a challenge. The Pioneers head east to angry Appomattox after the Raiders absorbed a tough loss last night. And it doesn’t get better for awhile. After that, cross town bitter rival EC Glass, then the Rustburg team that just beat Appomattox. Then the Bees, followed by powerful LCA, and then surprising, resurgent JF. Of these next six opponents, there has only been one loss this season so far, that being Appomattox last night.

I wish nothing but the best to our friends at Heritage. Your appreciative fans from Dinwiddie will be pulling for you. Thank you again for the great hospitality.
Hey Dinwiddie, did you find any of the great places to eat in the area?

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT