ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie vs. Thomas Dale Statistical Preview

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Thomas Dale (Class 6) 9-0 vs. Dinwiddie (Class 4) 9-0

The game I look forward to every year, but dread!

Dinwiddie and Thomas Dale started playing one another in football in 1970. For nine long years, the Knights ran rough shod over the Generals; however, in 1979, Coach Carey Parker led Dinwiddie to its first victory over Thomas Dale by a score of 26-7. The two teams did not play each other again until 1987 and the Generals claimed another rare victory. The two teams have played 43 times and the Knights lead the series by a gaudy 30-13 margin. Things have changed since Coach Billy Mill’s arrival and the series has evened up. Since 2005, the Generals are 9-8 against the Knights.

On Friday, these two talented teams will lock horns once again and for the first time ever both teams will come into the game undefeated. In 2010, Coach Tucker took over the helm at Thomas Dale and he has a record of 7-5 against the Mills led Generals. In the past 12 years, the scoring margin between the teams is 5.83 points with a slight advantage to Dinwiddie. The Generals have shutout the Knights twice (2013 and 2017) and the away team has won 7 out of 12 times during this period. Thomas Dale is 2-4 at home and Dinwiddie is 3-3 at home.

These two teams have very good skill players on offense. Thomas Dale is averaging 42.66 points a game while Dinwiddie averages 50.55. Thomas Dales “Dark Zone” defense is allowing 13 points a game for an average margin of victory of 29.66. Dinwiddie’s “DBlock” defense is only giving up 5.55 points a game for an average margin of victory of 45 points. Thomas Dales opponents have a record of 34-48 and Dinwiddie’s opponents are 33-48.

Thomas Dale’s offense is led by qb Ethan Minter 1,316 yards passing with 14 tds and 2 interceptions and 656 yards rushing with 9 tds. Running back Brandon Rose is a scoring machine with 23 tds and 1,179 yards rushing. Nick Tyree leads the team in receiving with 476 yards and 4 tds. Tyree is also a threat in the special teams return game. Kicker Amr Ibdah has connected on 46 of 52 pats and has made 3 of 4 fg’s. The Knights defense is led by Brandan Cammarasana and Joshua Jeter who have combined for 21 tackles for loss.

Dinwiddie offense is led by qb Harry Dalton 1,282 yards passing (eight games) with 21 tds and 6 interceptions and 826 yards rushing with 13 tds. Running back Raphael Tucker has 783 yards rushing with 16 tds. Marquis Smith leads a very balanced receiving corps 320 yards and 6 tds. Kicker Jackson Van meter has hit 53 of 57 pats and is 0 of 1 on fg’s. The Generals defense is led by Trey McBride 72 tackles 15 tackles for loss) Sevon McDowell with 18 tackles for loss.

What does all this mean? Not a darn thing. Both teams still have to run, throw, tackle, and score one more point than their opponents. Should be a good one. Lets go Dinwiddie and Navy Nation!

Thomas Dale (Class 6) 9-0 vs. Dinwiddie (Class 4) 9-0

The game I look forward to every year, but dread!

Dinwiddie and Thomas Dale started playing one another in football in 1970. For nine long years, the Knights ran rough shod over the Generals; however, in 1979, Coach Carey Parker led Dinwiddie to its first victory over Thomas Dale by a score of 26-7. The two teams did not play each other again until 1987 and the Generals claimed another rare victory. The two teams have played 43 times and the Knights lead the series by a gaudy 30-13 margin. Things have changed since Coach Billy Mill’s arrival and the series has evened up. Since 2005, the Generals are 9-8 against the Knights.

On Friday, these two talented teams will lock horns once again and for the first time ever both teams will come into the game undefeated. In 2010, Coach Tucker took over the helm at Thomas Dale and he has a record of 7-5 against the Mills led Generals. In the past 12 years, the scoring margin between the teams is 5.83 points with a slight advantage to Dinwiddie. The Generals have shutout the Knights twice (2013 and 2017) and the away team has won 7 out of 12 times during this period. Thomas Dale is 2-4 at home and Dinwiddie is 3-3 at home.

These two teams have very good skill players on offense. Thomas Dale is averaging 42.66 points a game while Dinwiddie averages 50.55. Thomas Dales “Dark Zone” defense is allowing 13 points a game for an average margin of victory of 29.66. Dinwiddie’s “DBlock” defense is only giving up 5.55 points a game for an average margin of victory of 45 points. Thomas Dales opponents have a record of 34-48 and Dinwiddie’s opponents are 33-48.

Thomas Dale’s offense is led by qb Ethan Minter 1,316 yards passing with 14 tds and 2 interceptions and 656 yards rushing with 9 tds. Running back Brandon Rose is a scoring machine with 23 tds and 1,179 yards rushing. Nick Tyree leads the team in receiving with 476 yards and 4 tds. Tyree is also a threat in the special teams return game. Kicker Amr Ibdah has connected on 46 of 52 pats and has made 3 of 4 fg’s. The Knights defense is led by Brandan Cammarasana and Joshua Jeter who have combined for 21 tackles for loss.

Dinwiddie offense is led by qb Harry Dalton 1,282 yards passing (eight games) with 21 tds and 6 interceptions and 826 yards rushing with 13 tds. Running back Raphael Tucker has 783 yards rushing with 16 tds. Marquis Smith leads a very balanced receiving corps 320 yards and 6 tds. Kicker Jackson Van meter has hit 53 of 57 pats and is 0 of 1 on fg’s. The Generals defense is led by Trey McBride 72 tackles 15 tackles for loss) Sevon McDowell with 18 tackles for loss.

What does all this mean? Not a darn thing. Both teams still have to run, throw, tackle, and score one more point than their opponents. Should be a good one. Lets go Dinwiddie and Navy Nation!
My buddy and I were talking about going to this game, but we decided to see Salem @ PH instead. Good luck to the Generals!

Mike, just how much room does you Sikorsky’s S-76C++ require. Would you prefer to just land on the 50 yard line?

Very accurate.
You know they have a Jumbotron now, don’t you?
Hell, we were excited in Dinwiddie when we got a new dry erase board to post the score.
Salem has had some issues with the scoreboard this year and I was joking with someone when I said we need to get a jumbotron. Apparently, we are behind the times, maybe we should have a fundraiser for a jumbotron?! If SS had the Stagg Bowl annually like it used to, it would probably be a done deal.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
The site for the game rotates every year now I think. Texas had it for a couple of years, then Canton, Ohio last yr, and Annapolis, MD this year. Salem will host next year, then back to TX in 2024 & OH in 2025. Nothing is decided beyond that.
It's only coming back to Salem for the anniversary. D3 should have never moved it. Hopefully they will bring it back

Reactions: mike salem
Looks like Highland Springs will defeat Varina. It's either win and get the first seed or lose and get the third seed. Saw Dinwiddie's biggest fan and former Dinwiddie Principal Barbara Pittman tonight at Panera Bread. She is the genius who hired Coach Mills, made a commitment to improve athletics at Dinwiddie and in her 70's still attends every game both home and away. She said "I am nervous". I asked her if that was a good or a bad nervous? She smiled and said "I don't know, but I'm ready to whip Dale!" Dang I love high school football. LETS GO GENERALS!

I had the pleasure of helping to provide our players dinner Thursday evening. Such a great group of young men. This group are winners, regardless of the outcome of the games. Terrific job Coach Mills.

He does indeed, but he only uses that for travels outside of the range of the S-76.

For anyone interested, “Fields of Faith” a student led devotional, will be held at the Dinwiddie Football Stadium tonight, shortly after the conclusion of the football game. All are invited to attend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT