ADVERTISEMENT

Easiest Schedule?

EV, Louisa, Lafayette, (but they do open at IC Norcom), and Sherando. But Sherando has the toughest game of these four by far, Martinsburg WV

Reactions: hamspear
I don't see Smithfield as even being a minor threat for them this year. With Willie Drew gone, and a new Coach, they are only slightly better off than starting from scratch, in my book. I hope they prove me wrong, I root for the Packers.

EV, Louisa, Lafayette, (but they do open at IC Norcom), and Sherando. But Sherando has the toughest game of these four by far, Martinsburg WV
I definitely agree on Louisa this year. No one's sure just how good Courtland and KG will be this year, Chancellor will still be down, and the JD will be down more than usual. I'm not sure who will step up besides Charlottesville and us. Maybe Powhatan can improve.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Sherando has a fairly easy schedule this year but I'd say Eastern View's is a tad easier. I think Martinsburg and Millbrook will field tougher teams than Courtland and Chancellor this year, and Liberty and Kettle Run should be decent.

Though really, if either team finishes the regular season worse than 9-1, barring injuries or other unforeseen circumstances, they likely aren't going to contend for the championship.

Idk. JF, LCA, Amherst and Magna Vista isn’t that bad of a schedule. Hopefully Franklin County is good enough to add. I’ll have to go with Eastern View or Sherando.
The teams you just listed might have a total of 15 wins between them and 6 of those will come from JF.

Reactions: hamspear
The teams you just listed might have a total of 15 wins between them and 6 of those will come from JF.
Have to disagree Vols. LCA will probably have the least wins but I expect Franklin County to have at least 6 wins (I have them beating SR so 6 max), MV at least 7 wins, maybe more, JF anywhere from 6 to 7 wins, and Amherst will have at least 5. LCA is the biggest unknown. They could win anywhere from 3 to 6 games IMO.

The Norcom game, that could be trouble for Lafayette. It doesn't help that they are at Norcom. I saw a quiet confidence in the Greyhound's coach in that interview that Matt did with him.
Besides being at Norcom, they will have a real game under their belt. That is a huge advantage. This is again a very much of a upset type of game. But this year Norcom will not get that KO return for a TD again.

Besides being at Norcom, they will have a real game under their belt. That is a huge advantage. This is again a very much of a upset type of game. But this year Norcom will not get that KO return for a TD again.
But Norcom is improved, it appears. Is Lafayette? I'm being serious. Will Lafayette be better, early? For that matter, will Norcom be better early?

Reactions: mbonape1
I've very interested in seeing if some of Norcom's playmakers can live up to the hype.

I didn't watch them last year but their offense seemed to be horrible, based off scores.
I'm right there with you. They won their tough games with defense. They only gave up a little over 100 points all season. But..., they graduated a lot of their best defensive starters. Can the underclassmen step up and keep them in games?

Like you said, if the offense doesn't improve enough to overcome an unproven defense, a season of promise might become a season of disappointment. One thing is for sure, Hopewell and Lafayette will show up at Norcom with a lot more respect for the Greyhounds than they had last year.

Reactions: mbonape1
But Norcom is improved, it appears. Is Lafayette? I'm being serious. Will Lafayette be better, early? For that matter, will Norcom be better early?
Lafayette usually starts slow but the offense is a little more experienced this year- last year the entire set of RBs were new, they all return. The defensive DB’s were mostly all new last year also. More experienced this year as many return. The loss last year has Lafayette’s attention. On Norcom I know they will be good but not sure how much returns. I believe their very good QB returns but I think their best receiver who beat us graduated. A lot of the defense graduated. Perhaps you have more info on them. I know HC Linn will be very motivated!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
A lot of their heavies along the lines graduated. And the line, especially the offensive line, takes awhile to meld. So, early they may make some mistakes that hurt them.

Like you said, the HC is focused. Per the interview Matt did recently, he was very realistic. He knows that they have work to do, and holes to fill. No bold predictions from him, just an air of commitment.

A lot of their heavies along the lines graduated. And the line, especially the offensive line, takes awhile to meld. So, early they may make some mistakes that hurt them.

Like you said, the HC is focused. Per the interview Matt did recently, he was very realistic. He knows that they have work to do, and holes to fill. No bold predictions from him, just an air of commitment.
Thanks- our first game on a Thursday (glad- going Southside on a Friday ain’t fun) and never been there before, a new field for me.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT