ADVERTISEMENT

East Rock's Rogers Transferring to Blue Ridge School

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
The Harrisonburg paper today has a feature story about the Eagles' great point guard Chris Rogers transferring for his senior season to the Blue Ridge School, one of the traditional powers on the private school circuit. If I understood it correctly, he will actually gain an extra year, a decision which was based somewhat on the time he missed last year with an injury.

With him returning, the Eagles would have been a major challenge for RE Lee, which will be expected to rule the Shenandoah District. But without him, I would expect it to be smooth sailing for the Leemen.

Last edited:
The Harrisonburg paper today has a feature story about the Eagles' great point guard Chris Rogers transferring for his senior season to the Blue Ridge School, one of the traditional powers on the private school circuit. If I understood it correctly, he will actually gain an extra year, a decision which was based somewhat on the time he missed last year with an injury.

With him returning, the Eagles would have been a major challenge for RE Lee, which will be expected to rule the Shenandoah District. But without him, I would expect it to be smooth sailing for the Leemen.
Lee will be the big district favorite, but I am looking forward to seeing how much Riverheads improves, especially all-state rising sophomore Fulton. The Gladiators return most of their team, and depending on their non-district schedule should win at least 15 games.

Its in the discussion. Several school board meetings have been done with open discussion from residents.

Here's an on-the-mark remark from one of the speakers at the meeting...
Paraphrased:
"Can't rename it Staunton High because there is already a school named Staunton High in VA."

Really? Staunton River High School?-yes. Staunton High School?-NO!

Reactions: Keith_Stone33
There are already like 3 Heritage High Schools in VA so the argument of taking another schools' name shouldn't apply...And there was already another R.E. Lee in NOVA

Reactions: pawfan
I would suggest that all Virginia schools be renamed beginning with Public School #1, Public School #2, etc...but on second thought, I am sure someone would be offended because they prefer letters (Public School A, B, etc). So how about this, leave 'em as they are...?

Reactions: OnceAKnight
Although I started this thread a few weeks ago, I did not follow it, so I am just now seeing the part about the Riverheads freshman being named 2nd team all-state. I am a Riverheads fan and this is the first I have heard of this, but I am happy to take your word for it. They indeed will be an interesting team to watch, not only this year, but for the next two beyond that. They had a starting five that were all eighth-graders year before last, and they won 17 games, beating everyone on the schedule at least once. They will be back together this year as sophomores (two stayed down on JVs this past year) and by the time they are seniors, they should be something else. Only trouble is that they are mainly guards that can shoot well....no real size in the mix.

There are already like 3 Heritage High Schools in VA so the argument of taking another schools' name shouldn't apply...And there was already another R.E. Lee in NOVA
Even better than that; there are 2 Freedom High Schools in VA, both have similar school colors, and the SAME MASCOTS {Eagles}!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT