ADVERTISEMENT

EC Glass Basketball Coach

@lyhsports any shot that Coach Roberson’s assistant gets the job? Black guy, real sharply dressed. I’ve spoken with him quite a bit but never known his name. I think he was the only assistant. @VolNation85 you may know who I’m talking about too.

I know his name is Leon Hill, but I don’t know about anyone who would be next in line for that job. Coach Roy will be tough to replace.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I know his name is Leon Hill, but I don’t know about anyone who would be next in line for that job. Coach Roy will be tough to replace.
Same here brother. Not sure who could replace Coach Roberson. You’d have to think it’ll be a big hire or someone already in the program. Glass has been hitting homeruns in hiring good coaches.

Same here brother. Not sure who could replace Coach Roberson. You’d have to think it’ll be a big hire or someone already in the program. Glass has been hitting homeruns in hiring good coaches.

I’m not really that informed in the basketball world in Central Va, but whoever steps into the job at Glass will have a good group of kids to work with for the next few years. I don’t think there is anyone at Glass now that could do it like Coach Roy. Should be interesting. There have been some great hires made lately by Glass.

@lyhsports any shot that Coach Roberson’s assistant gets the job? Black guy, real sharply dressed. I’ve spoken with him quite a bit but never known his name. I think he was the only assistant. @VolNation85 you may know who I’m talking about too.
Coach Roy had two sharply dressed assistants. I'm pretty sure it was a requirement on his staff LOL. The taller one is Leon Hill. Not sure what his plans are since he has a son entering 9th grade this year that plays sports. The shorter guy is Coach DJ. Not sure what DJ's last name is.

Randy Dunton would be the perfect choice to replace Coach Roy. Would continue with a disciplined approach that Roy installed in the program. Not many high schools have a chance to hire an ex Division 1 coach. Rumor has it that Hilltopper boosters have already been in contact. Would be a home run hire in my opinion. And yes I have talked to Randy and he would be interested.

Glass hired their JV coach. His name is DJ. It is my understanding that no one else was interviewed. Had two very strong applicants that I'm aware of. Very curious move to say the least. We'll see how it plays out.

Glass hired their JV coach. His name is DJ. It is my understanding that no one else was interviewed. Had two very strong applicants that I'm aware of. Very curious move to say the least. We'll see how it plays out.
Speaking from the perspective of someone familiar with the culture at E.C. Glass and the students there, the most important qualification that any coach needs is the ability to relate to the students/athletes and the ability to gain the trust and respect of the students/athletes.

I don't know who the other two "very strong applicants" you are referring to but the one advantage that Coach DJ has over the other applicants is that he has proven that he can relate to the students/athletes and that he has earned their trust and respect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT