ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Coach at Prince George!

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002

Sean Robertson - WTVR CBS 6

437754608_821778249768382_8867495064045277328_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/#
Tom Hall will be back on the sidelines this season!
According to sources, the former Manchester HC has been named Head Football Coach at Prince George!
He replaces Scott Girolmo, who stepped down after three seasons.

Anyone want to speculate on record for Royals in Coach Halls first season?

At Glen Allen
At Midlothian
Deep Run
Thomas Dale
At Petersburg
Meadowbrook
Colonial Heights
At Dinwiddie
At Matoaca
Hopewell

Keep in mind in Coach Hall's first season at Manchester the Lancers were just 5-5... first winning season at Manchester wasn't until 2002 (year 4).

I'll say 4 wins... maybe 5 if they can pull off an upset.

Anyone want to speculate on record for Royals in Coach Halls first season?

At Glen Allen
At Midlothian
Deep Run
Thomas Dale
At Petersburg
Meadowbrook
Colonial Heights
At Dinwiddie
At Matoaca
Hopewell

Keep in mind in Coach Hall's first season at Manchester the Lancers were just 5-5... first winning season at Manchester wasn't until 2002 (year 4).

I'll say 4 wins... maybe 5 if they can pull off an upset.
GA will be a very tough game. I like GA to be very competitive with the likes of Highland Springs and Dale this year so that’s going to be a very good measuring stick for PG. Midlo, Deep Run, Petersburg, MBK, CH, and maybe an upset over Mataoca, Dale or Hopewell could be in the books. Thing is, you never know who’s going to transfer in the PG program now that one of the best coaches in the history of 804 high school football has taken over. 5C will be that much stronger with PG building something special over there.

Considering they made the official announcement so late in the offseason has he been around the team any up to this point? This year might be a little rough since it doesn't seem like he will have a full offseason to get everyone up to speed including his assistant coaches.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
GA will be a very tough game. I like GA to be very competitive with the likes of Highland Springs and Dale this year so that’s going to be a very good measuring stick for PG. Midlo, Deep Run, Petersburg, MBK, CH, and maybe an upset over Mataoca, Dale or Hopewell could be in the books. Thing is, you never know who’s going to transfer in the PG program now that one of the best coaches in the history of 804 high school football has taken over. 5C will be that much stronger with PG building something special over there.
Well we've heard for years about the talent that is over that way, just never had the right coach. There is no question how good Coach Hall is so he will get the best out of the talent in that area. I do think, however, that this year people should not expect too much.

Well we've heard for years about the talent that is over that way, just never had the right coach. There is no question how good Coach Hall is so he will get the best out of the talent in that area. I do think, however, that this year people should not expect too much.
I can see six wins. Maybe even seven if his team buys into Coach Hall’s program early enough, and they can sneak up on one of the last three teams on their schedule.

Historically, PG has been able to draw large numbers of kids to their various levels of football in the county. That should give Coach Hall something to work with, and it bodes well for future years.

Gotta think they get a few transfers in too. DP’s 100% right, a lot of coaches wanted this job due to the numbers they have to work with and the size and # of athletes that this program has. Huguenot has kind of brought the new model in that all it takes is the right hire to transform a very bad program to a very good one in a year’s time.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
My worry is that the people in that county that think of themselves as VIP’s will pester Coach Hall with their pettiness. If he gets solid support from his AD, Principal, and whoever they hire as a Superintendant, then he can weather the storm and do great things. In the absence of unwavering support and the powers that be having his back, he will be gone in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT