ADVERTISEMENT

Ejection. Is it worth it?

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
While watching the JM caroline game the other night with JM winning about 40 to 0 a scuffle broke out on the caroline sidelines and the teams started rumbling and fortunately both coaching staffs got it under control before something bad happened. one of the bad things was the refs could have starting ejecting players and is getting ejected really worth it? if you are ejected you will not be able to play next weeks game! if you are caught fighting or throwing punches its two games! you seniors is it really worth it to rumble with someone and the ref see you usually the retaliation and you are out the rest of that game and one or two others as you only have at least 10 games to play and your season and career is done if you have no playoffs.
this happened to the awesome JM lineman wynn coleman that got ejected last year in the game before the important contest for the battlefield championship game against courtland. he missed the courtland game and the cougars had a awesome running game and they ran through huge holes in the area wynn coleman played. the sub did the best he could but he was no wynn coleman mr backfield disrupter! courtland probably wins any way but it was made a lot easier to run without coleman as you know courtlands three horseman needs no help.
now the reason I am posting this is I hate to see players that the teams rely on to be ejected and miss the next game or two and let your teammates, coaches and your school down by not being eligible to play! especially here at playoff time when you will be entering something that other players may never see the playoffs! you need to keep your cool as it may be the last regular season game of the year and you could be ineligible for the playoffs. can you imagine in the state semi finals and you get ejected and as a senior or any player have to miss a state final that you have played so hard for all season. you may be the key to your team winning and got to set on the sideline and watch.
back when I played I got ejected because of fighting and one of my old coaches joe lanford set me down and told me something that I hope will help any players that read this post. mr lanford told me I had a helmet and shoulder pads and before the whistle I could have hit that guy as hard as I wanted legally and the refs could have done nothing too you! I said he started it and he hit me first and he said the refs always get the second player usually not the instigator.at 17 I was mad but he was right. I would have had the rest of the game to pound that dude legally and the ref could have done nothing about it. guys I know its hard to be cheap shoted or called names but when you retaliate the refs will catch you and you will be gone and in some cases a senior will have played their last game. now is it really worth it! I hope any players read this and take the advice my coach told me as I want to see every team have all their players for the playoffs full strength. don't let your teammates, coaches and school down by not using your head and be ejected because it's not worth it! good luck guys as we get ready for the playoffs! Friday night lights aint nothing like it especially if you are playing and not on the sidelines! good luck to all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT