ADVERTISEMENT

enrollments numbers....... Something does not make sense

Jun 28, 2003
Look at the enrollment numbers that was submitted to VDOE.
Galax has 539 students, Ft, Chiswell has 509, Radford 495, East Mont 304, auburn 447, Giles 669, Narrows 339, James River 546, Carroll Co 1170, George Wythe 462., Pulaski Co 1422, bland co 388,

IF east mont moves to other District, and James River moves to three Rivers. The three Rivers will have to change its name to Four Rivers LOL. (James,New River,Little River,roanoke river.)
What are the cut off numbers for
1A
2A
3A
4A

Galax highschool is 8-12 and that 539 number sounds like that was counting 8-12 but I think the vhsl only counts 9-12 but I might be wrong. Some of the other guys on here can probably tell you for sure if that's how it is.

Galax highschool is 8-12 and that 539 number sounds like that was counting 8-12 but I think the vhsl only counts 9-12 but I might be wrong. Some of the other guys on here can probably tell you for sure if that's how it is.
I am just taking the reported numbers to the DOE. These numbers is based on one days attendance in Sept. they should take the number of students taking the sols for each class. A school could not fudge on numbers.

Galax's 9-12 number is 412. The DOE has all 5 grades included. They have 127 in their 8th grade class according to the DOE

Yeah this looks like the #s for 8-12 cause GW has 435 not much off the # here and I don't see us going up to 2A any time soon.

Look at the enrollment numbers that was submitted to VDOE.
Galax has 539 students, Ft, Chiswell has 509, Radford 495, East Mont 304, auburn 447, Giles 669, Narrows 339, James River 546, Carroll Co 1170, George Wythe 462., Pulaski Co 1422, bland co 388,

IF east mont moves to other District, and James River moves to three Rivers. The three Rivers will have to change its name to Four Rivers LOL. (James,New River,Little River,roanoke river.)
What are the cut off numbers for
1A
2A
3A
4A
What link did you find these numbers

Here is a link to the DOE numbers. But they will be different than the VHSL numbers in a lot of cases. If school send kids to Governor's Schools that have their own teams, they will be lowered. If school districts have other magnet schools or tech centers, then their number will be higher. But it is a decent gauge for most schools

http://bi.vita.virginia.gov/doe_bi/rdPage.aspx?rdReport=Main&subRptName=Fallmembership

Where it says "state" for Report Level, change it "school" and then you can search individual schools

Last edited:
I am just taking the reported numbers to the DOE. These numbers is based on one days attendance in Sept. they should take the number of students taking the sols for each class. A school could not fudge on numbers.

The official numbers don't come out until March, these first numbers are done after looking at attendance for the first 10 days of school in a school year and are typically used to give an idea about budget issues and projections for the later official numbers that come out later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT