ADVERTISEMENT

Essex @ King & Queen…Is a forfeit by K&Q this Friday…

Essex has a hard time finding teams that will schedule a regular season game. Realistically Essex needs to drop Franklin, KQ and Charles City and schedule tougher competition. It hurt when king William dropped Essex. Rappahannock and Northumberland have done a decent job scheduling games with other teams not in the area.

Reactions: Essex Trojan1
Essex has a hard time finding teams that will schedule a regular season game. Realistically Essex needs to drop Franklin, KQ and Charles City and schedule tougher competition. It hurt when king William dropped Essex. Rappahannock and Northumberland have done a decent job scheduling games with other teams not in the area.
I'd like to see Essex play some bigger schools in the Richmond or Fredericksburg area but obviously those schools don't have much incentive to play a smaller school. Not playing KW is a big blow in what is usually a tough, competitive game as well as a long time rival.

4A Caroline would be a great game to pickup being that they are Essex’s neighbor and their football program has really improved.

TJ and Armstrong in Richmond would be as well.

Reactions: pizzzzza
Essex is an hour from Gloucester and juat across the bridge after Gloucester is York County with York, Tabb, Grafton, and Poquoson also nearby.

I believe Essex and King William will pick back up playing each other next season. It's the premiere game in the area and is always a huge gate for the home team.

Well, you have to find someone willing to play you and that hasn't been easy for Essex. Jamestown has dropped them. And as far as those Bay Rivers District teams are concerned, that league is adding Gloucester next year meaning 9 district games and only one non-district game in either Week 0 or Week 1. I'm certain Essex will keep Sussex Central in Week 0 and likely playing King William in Week 1 (with King William dropping Clarke County). I'd say keeping K&Q on the schedule would be a good thing simply because of the gate that game could draw, but not certain if K&Q is willing to continue after this week's forfeit. Maybe the rating scale changes next year might help scheduling opportunities. Hopefully, some regions will create scales that will not "punish" larger schools for playing smaller schools, but then again if that happens some larger schools may only schedule smaller schools in hopes of enhancing the W-L ledger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT