ADVERTISEMENT

Essex Question NNK/Region A Fans!

VaSportsJunky

Silver Member
Aug 5, 2024
Essex has been pretty dominant in Region A for awhile now so I'm wondering is there a reason they haven't adapted to the streaming of their games? you have multiple platforms nowadays with Hudl Fan and NFHS Network but I'm not able to find any of their games unless they play a team on the road with it. From what I'm told their head coach is the AD so it baffles me that they haven't adopted this technology especially since they just upgraded their football facilities. Anyone have any insight into this?

I do not believe that Todd Jones is the AD any longer but I could be wrong. As for your question , I’m not sure. I know the players have their own hudl accounts.

May not be the case for Essex but some coaches do not really like all of their film being out there. I also think for some schools it is a financial decision not to incorporate that as they prefer the in-person gate to the small percentage received from those type of services. Speaking as a fan I would love if there was common access to all of the VHSL member schools so we could follow teams from other areas more closely. I honestly feel like its a missed opportunity for even more exposure across all sports.

Reactions: NNDanalyst
If i'm not mistaken I think all schools in the NNK has NFHS except Essex. The fact that some coaches don't want film out there is an interesting theory. If schools worry about the gate, they need to create an atmosphere where ppl would rather prefer to be in attendance than watch online. Having special events and tailgating certainly helps bring the fans out so the gate is more marketing than anything. It def would get players more exposure bc more ppl would have access to check players out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT