ADVERTISEMENT

EV wins 21-14 over Courtland

86CulpGrad

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
Didn’t see it, but I guess EV not as down as people thought, and that Courtland offense not as dynamic as people thought.

Reactions: OCBoy
Good job EV! This kind of surprises me but it just goes to show that games against common opponents aren't always a good indicator of how a game is going to go. Have a good one!

Last edited:
Saw it - Courtland got at least 2/3 first downs on penalties in second half - started one drive on 6 and one on 9 going in they had their chances - ev slow start on D in first half made great adjustments and just shut it down in second half - looks like EV offense is a couple mistakes away from it being 40-14 - they are getting better every week with a bunch of young guys playing big roles on the lines and elsewhere - turnovers and mistakes on both sides - it’s clear it’s a COVID year neither team as crisp as they have been in past years when I have been able to see them play - heard the EV team talki

Ev getting better every week - Courtland may have shown their best already - before game Courtland clearly thought they were better team until they got punched in the mouth by some young kids who didn’t really care if they scored 70 on anyone -

PS - OC boy and great 8 - clearly you understand you can never count EV out - down or not- dinwiddie proud you should know better having seen when even out matched the heart of the kids and the coaching makes them a problem - keep betting against EV and see where it gets you in the pick em -

PS - OC boy and great 8 - clearly you understand you can never count EV out - down or not- dinwiddie proud you should know better having seen when even out matched the heart of the kids and the coaching makes them a problem - keep betting against EV and see where it gets you in the pick em -
Lol

Never. Hatfield has coached his ass off this year. That 70 Courtland put up last week had me puzzled so I flipped a coin for the EV game. I see where that got me....

This is crazy year I’m happy the kids get to play but it’s really weird being at a game where you can hear the opposing fans just talking to each other - can hear refs talking on the field —— weird

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Definitely tougher to assess a lot of teams this year. I hear that a lot of rosters are down 10-15 players. Some starters for teams chose not to play.

This is just Asinine. One it is a high school pickem, Two we are talking about one game (and the team in question doesn't win every game every year), and Three, I must not be able to read, I looked and didn't see your picks anywhere. Can't criticize someone for something you don't do

Just funnin gents - sorry for the pot stir - didn’t mean to stir any ire - just being proud of my current local team and a poke at same
Time for fun- sorry if it wasn’t taken that way-I keep forgetting how sensitive everything and everyone is since lockdown - sheesh

Good luck to all teams lucky enough to play this week

and yes every team I know of is down players from westfields to woodgrove to EV - tough year - places like broad run Salem and dinwiddie I hear are not - that should help them come playoff time

Courtland only dressed 22 players for this game and therefore was not at full strength as it was the week before. The team that played agianst Caroline was not the same full roster agianst EV. Blame the virus or other issues, do not understand what happened to 10-12 players within one week. We we already down players due to parents holding back.

Courtland only dressed 22 players for this game and therefore was not at full strength as it was the week before. The team that played agianst Caroline was not the same full roster agianst EV. Blame the virus or other issues, do not understand what happened to 10-12 players within one week. We we already down players due to parents holding back.

Very sad to hear about this and very sad what Spotsylvania County has become. I thought we were tougher than that. But then again, when you have a lot of come-heres that move down from Northern Virginia and elsewhere and they think they are better than everyone else, then this is what you get.

So looking at the scores from this past week's games has EV finally fallen off? Is the Battlefield district KG's to lose? Can Chancellor make the playoffs going 5-1? Wanted some other's opinions.

So looking at the scores from this past week's games has EV finally fallen off? Is the Battlefield district KG's to lose? Can Chancellor make the playoffs going 5-1? Wanted some other's opinions.
I wouldn’t say they have fallen off it’s more of a rebuilding situation something they aren’t used to. King George is a good team and should go 6-0. Next year it looks as if EV will have reloaded.

Reactions: 540HSfootballFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT