ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Clinics are filling up FAST!!!

Jul 22, 2009
f76da3f53047ec09cfc4e25737394c0d_wfzr_0e3l.png

2013 Fall Clinic Information
[/B]
ed5eb824911519f22aa7babdfa12f642_7eqs_2lwe.png

[/B]

Maximum Exposure Basketball invite's you to attend one of our Fall Clinics in your region. These events are for boys in rising grades 5th-12th as well as Post Grad and Junior College players. There will be two divisions, 9th graders ? Post Grads & 5th graders ? 8th graders. Our events feature some of the top staff's in the nation. Each event is run by a former college coach. The event will begin with learning stations that will offer players an opportunity to work on skills and learn advanced basketball concepts. Next, the players are broken down into teams and play a minimum of 3 games. This is a great opportunity to go head-to-head with some of the best competition in your region. Each participant will also be evaluated by the Maximum Exposure Basketball Staff. Evaluations will be sent to every DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, JUCO coach in the country.[/B]

OVER 200 players were turned away in the Spring and Summer because they waited too long to register. Get your deposit in ASAP to secure your spot!!![/B]

MAXIMUM EXPOSURE BASKETBALL CLINICS INCLUDE:

[/B]
FUNDAMENTAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT SESSION[/B]
Each Participant will be worked out by our staff of coaches. This will include ball-handling, shooting, rebounding, and defensive drills focusing on the fundamentals of the game.

3 GAMES
Each participant will play in 3 games in front of scouting services and coaches. All events are held during the live period for Division II, Division III, NAIA, and Junior College Coaches

RECRUITING PROFILE FEATURE
Each participants contact information and evaluation will be sent to every DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, JUCO coach in the country. Maximum Exposure scouts will also do a highlight report of each event and post it on our website. This is a great way to get exposure both regionally and nationally.

2013 Fall Clinic Dates & Locations
*** Click on each event for venue, address, driving directions, and hotel information. *** (coming soon!)

BOY'S CLINICS

Sun. Aug. 25 - Greensboro, NC - Proehlific Park
Sat. Aug. 31 - Mooresville, NC - Talbert Recreation Center
Sat. Aug. 31 - Birmingham, AL - Wiggins Park Recreation Center
Sun. Sept. 1 - Petersburg, VA - Richard Bland College
Sun. Sept. 1 - Tallahassee, FL - The Factory
Sat. Sept. 7 - Miami, FL - Barry University
Sat. Sept. 7 - Louisville, KY - MidAmerica Sports Cntr.
Sun. Sept. 8 - Lake Wales, FL - Warner University
Sun. Sept. 8 - Nashville, TN - Volunteer State CC
Sat. Sept. 14 - Dallas, TX / Fort Worth, TX - Central HS
Sat. Sept. 14 - Belvidere, IL - Belvidere North HS
Sun. Sept. 15 - Shreveport, LA - Centenary College
Sun. Sept. 15 - Indianapolis, IN - SportZone Indy
Sat. Sept. 21 - Atlanta, GA - Forest Fleming Arena
Sat. Sept. 21 - Philadelphia, PA - Montgomery County CC
Sun. Sept. 22 - Greensboro, NC - Proehlific Park
Sun. Sept. 22 - Rochester, NY - Monroe CC
Sat. Sept. 28 - Brooklyn, NY - All City Leadership School
Sat. Sept. 28 - Minneapolis, MN - Anoka Ramsey CC[/B]
Sun. Sept. 29 - Baltimore, MD - Baltimore City CC
Sun. Sept. 29 - Milwaukee, WI - Concordia University WI[/B]
Sat. Oct. 5 - Bourbonnais, IL - Legends Sportsplex
Sat. Oct. 5 - Rockville, MD - Michael & Son Sportsplex[/B]
Sun. Oct. 6 - Shelby Township, MI - Joe Dumars Fieldhouse
Sun. Oct. 6 - Pittsburgh, PA - Court Time Sports [/B]
Sat. Oct. 12 - San Diego, CA - TBA
Sat. Oct. 12 - Boston, MA - Reggie Lewis Center[/B]
Sun. Oct. 13 - Los Angeles, CA - Whittier College
Sun. Oct. 13 - Monroe, NJ - Monroe Sports Center[/B]
Sat. Oct. 19 - Houston, TX - The Gym
Sat. Oct. 19 - Raleigh, NC - Grand Slam USA[/B]
Sun. Oct. 20 - New Orleans, LA - Riverside Academy
Sun. Oct. 20 - Columbia, SC - TBA[/B]
Sat. Oct. 26 - San Carlos, CA - Paye's Place
Sat. Oct. 26 - Kansas City, MO - LeVo Sports Complex[/B]
Sun. Oct. 27 - Folsom, CA - Folsom Sportsplex
Sun. Oct. 27 - St. Louis, MO - St. Peters Rec-Plex[/B]
Sat. Nov. 2 - Phoenix, AZ - TBA
Sat. Nov. 2 - Seattle, WA - Shoreline CC[/B]
Sun. Nov. 3 - Las Vegas, NV - Tarkanian Basketball Academy
Sun. Nov. 3 - Oregon City, OR - Clackamas CC[/B]

Total Cost of the clinic will be $125.00. There is a $25.00 late registration fee if you are not registered 10 days prior to the event. A non-refundable $45 deposit is required with all applications. The balance of $80 or $105, will be paid at the event. On the day of the event registration will be begin at 9:30 am, so please be on time. The event will begin at 10 am and end sometime mid-afternoon. Every participant will receive an event t-shirt, and an evaluation from Maximum Exposure Basketball Scouts. A confirmation email will be sent to you after we receive your deposit complete with directions and hotel information. Hotels and meals are the responsibility of each participant's parent or guardian.

REGISTER ONLINE HERE!!!

MAIL IN REGISTRATION FORM

CHECK OUT OUR REFERRAL PROGRAM!

Email or Call about Team Rates!

Questions? Email us at info@maximumexposurebasketball.com or call our office at (704) 664-9845

UPDATE - We are excited to announce that CaptainU will be on hand at all of our Spring Events to video the games. Players will be able to purchase game videos and/or have highlight videos made by their professional videographers. More information is below, and please note if you want a highlight video made, then you need to contact CaptainU in advance of the event![/B]

Complete Game Film & Highlight Videos Available[/B]

CaptainU can film your games in HD! They are offering affordable professional HD college recruiting video and complete game film to make it easier than ever to get quality footage in front of college coaches.

Click here to order you package right away

Orders for highlight packages must be made prior to the event and are limited based on the availability of videographers. Please sign up or inquire right away. If you have any questions, please contact Rich atvideo@captainu.com or 415-200-1264.

What others are saying about our Events:[/B]
"Enjoyed your event. A lot of good players there. Looking forward to your events in the future."
Joe Griffin, Head Coach - Roosevelt University

"Thank you a lot for helping me. I really enjoyed coming to your event. It was well worth my time."
Terrance Hammond - Hammond, IN

"John received an offer that same night, and he also received other calls from schools about making a visit. Great event." Robert Burke - St. Petersburg, FL

"Thanks again for all your help! These kids are lucky they took the time to come out and participate."
Brandon Rosenthal, Coach - St. Edward's University

"I wanted to thank you for letting me come to your event. I received a full scholarship offer from Norfolk State in Virginia." -Kevin Worsley - Chesapeake, VA

"I wanted to send you a note regarding the Maximum Exposure Clinic that I attended in Florida and thank you for offering a great program for guys like me that love basketball and want to improve their technique! I have attended many showcases across the country, but I must admit I enjoyed and learned the most from yours! Thank you for the program that you offer and the coaches that have dedicated their time to help me!" [/I]

Mike Martin - Orlando, FL[/B]

"Just want to say thank you Brad for everything you have done and I've found a school thanks to you."

Josh Otway ? Dallas, TX

"I would like to thank you for having us. We had a great time and more importantly it gave us feedback on skill sets that we need to focus on while developing our players. Again, I would like to thank you and I look forward to participating in your events in the near future. Have a great day." [/I]

Sabrina Adams ? Atlanta, GA

"I must say the camp was an excellent experience for my son! It was a positive environment and gave him a lot of confidence. The level of professionalism, instruction and organization was impressive. I just wanted to express my gratitude to your "ENTIRE" staff! I was very impressed and quite surprised at all the patience and enthusiasm they had. They were all very attentive and helpful. I sat there for the entire day and did not miss a thing. All of the coaches seemed happy to be there and to really enjoy their jobs!" Thank you and all the coaches for the weekend."

Courtney Jones - New Orleans Elite

"We were very impressed with the way you ran the event and enjoyed it thoroughly." David Cobb - Greensboro, NC

"First, we loved the event and felt that in the first 10 minutes with coaches discussion, etc… that the event was well worth the money. My son enjoyed it and my husband and I did, as well. Thanks for putting together a great opportunity for our children." Robin Phillips-Hauser - Wilkesboro, NC

"Just wanted to say, "Thanks," for a quality event in San Diego on Saturday. Well executed. Appreciated the skills portion, and the college info talk -- not just throwing the ball out and playing." Steve Rutz - San Diego, CA

"I know both Chris and Kendale enjoyed your event, and spoke very highly of the way it was run."

Mark Mohl , Head Coach ? North Iowa Area Community College[/B][/B][/B][/B]
ycvxpmcedtbsuyj_20081214025526.jpg
[/B][/B]
Click Here for a list of former participants in our Events and the schools they have signed with![/B]
[/B]
[/B]
Click here for a list of College's that have attended our Events!
32779335_b414_864i.png

Over 200 coaches attended our 2012 Events!!!

Basketball: A great start for Purdue

1133252.jpg

Look, I know it was Northern Illinois.

Northern Illinois had no chance whatsoever Friday, a rebuilding MAC team reluctantly scheduled for the Mackey Rededication for lack of a more interesting, willing opponent.

No, NIU has no prayer to make the NCAA Tournament, or any tournament for that matter. It has a new coach and teams with new coaches have new coaches for a reason. Former Michigan State assistant Mark Montgomery, last seen in Mackey Arena talking with Purdue's visiting recruits immediately after the Spartans' win over the Hummel-less Boilermakers two seasons ago, has his work cut out for him with NIU.

This was not a good team Purdue played Friday night.

But with all that said, it wasn't a rec-league team, either.

The Huskies have functional Division I players. I remember that Abdel Nader kid from him playing with Indiana Elite in AAU. People - legitimate people - were interested in him. See.

What I'm getting here is this: Purdue didn't beat the tar out of a good Division I team Friday, but it did beat the tar out of a Division I team nonetheless. It's not like this was Hamburger University or the University of Phoenix Online that the Boilermakers looked damn near flawless against in a win of epic disparity.

Sixty-two. How many freaking times have I typed out the damn number 62 this week?!

That Purdue won by that many shows that this team has some killer in it. Being a "killer" in basketball, by the way, is a good thing.

If Friday's game were an exhibition game or a scrimmage, you'd have left saying, "Hey, Purdue looked pretty good."

Against a not-embarrassingly-bad opponent, Purdue looked really good.

Tougher tests absolutely, positively await, as will games against teams much better equipped to handle actual defense than this young group, which may as well have just rolled up in the fetal position as soon as Purdue picked up full-court.

It was that defense that just paralyzed Northern Illinois, just undressed those kids, who lacked both the ability and experience to perform under such duress.

The defense, the portion of the game that let Purdue down most as last season fizzled out like a wet firecracker last spring, was what it needs to be, for one game anyway.

But it was also only a portion of one of the more impressive season-openers Purdue's played that I can recall.

The Boilermakers turned it over only nine times, 20 fewer times than it did in two exhibitions while it mixed and matched personnel.

The three-point shooting - a strength it will have to play to this season - debuted excellently. Purdue missed an acceptable six of its 26 free throws.

The one issue is rebounding still. This team's going to have to figure out how to get the ball, because it's giving up far too many offensive rebounds.

But otherwise, the term "midseason form" came to mind Friday, though Matt Painter, I'm sure, would contest that claim. I'm sure his laundry list of deficiencies has already extended to Page 2.

(At least someone looked to be in midseason form. This idiot right here didn't bring a damn notebook to the first game of the season!)

No, this win and the start-to-finish dominance with which Purdue earned it means only one thing: That Purdue is 1-0.

But it certainly showed that this team can be OK, though you never want to put too much on any game, particularly one played under the conditions the home team's defense dictated.

Robbie Hummel is coming along well. He was 5-for-7 from three-point range. His 21 points were kind of quiet, but 21 nonetheless. He scored more than he played minutes.

Kelsey Barlow has to be Purdue's defensive stalwart, but he's finding ways to produce. His shot's improved, and he can still produce as a slasher and in transition. If he makes free throws like he did tonight - an uncharacteristic 8-for-8 - then you can put him down for a handful of points per night right there probably.

D.J. Byrd is making shots and contributing across the board, both in ways tangible and intangible.

Lewis Jackson is Lewis Jackson and Ryne Smith is Ryne Smith.

Travis Carroll shoots threes now and looks good doing it. He had five points, four boards, two assists, two blocks and a steal in just 16 minutes tonight.

Terone Johnson was great against Northern Illinois, not only scoring, but playing a complete game, handing out four assists to no turnovers. That was a great sign for a player who looked iffy during the exhibitions, slowed by his recovery from knee surgery.

But the two guys who've really stuck out so far have been Anthony Johnson and Sandi Marcius.

I'll be honest: Anthony Johnson has surprised me. I expected him to struggle with shot selection and decision-making as he felt his way around playing within college structure. But he's taking good shots and making shots. He was 3-of-4 from three and is producing without taking a million shots. "Efficient" is not a word I would have expected to apply to him, but he's been that. He was only 3-for-9 tonight, though, because he's not yet strong enough to finish around the basket with contact. It'll come.

Not predicting stardom for him right now, but he looks like he can contribute.

So will Marcius, probably more so. I'm not sure he's going to be getting that hook shot off quite so easily against Big Ten teams, but he has shown he can make it and his athleticism is showing much more now than it did last season. Experience and comfort sometimes have that effect. He can still do a better job playing as big as he is, but he's been good so far.

Where Jacob Lawson fits in, we shall see. Consider me very surprised to have seen him play Friday. Shows you what I know, 'cause I was convinced he'd redshirt and that Donnie Hale would play a role - maybe a prominent one - this season.

But Friday, you saw what Lawson can bring to the table, just with his raw athleticism. Even if he doesn't know what he's doing yet, maybe he can be that guy who can just go get it on the boards and block shots, like tonight when he swatted a ball from the rim all the way to the Purdue bench.

And if Purdue needs a first man off the bus ...

Anyway, good start for Purdue. Couldn't have asked for much more.

Copyright, Boilers, Inc. 2011. All Rights Reserved. Reproducing or using editorial or graphical content, in whole or in part, without permission, is strictly prohibited. E-mail GoldandBlack.com/Boilers, Inc.

1107918.gif
GoldandBlack.com Mobile for your Android

Check out GoldandBlack.com on

This post was edited on 11/12 1:01 AM by Brian_GoldandBlack.com

Re: Basketball: A great start for Purdue

Very good write up as usual Brian. I think we all assume NIU sucks really really bad because none of us can imagine Purdue possibly being really good this year. But 5 months from now we might look back on this game and say the NIU game was our first hint of how good Purdue was in 11-12.

This was a Kentucky or Kansas type margin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT