5. Richlands 211
6. Tazewell 209
7. Gate City 176
8. Marion 150
Marion @ Ridgeview
Gate City @ Union
Tazewell @ Graham
Richlands @ Central

Christiansburg beating Blacksburg put Floyd over Dan River. I missed that one and was surprised. Also Brunswick beating Greenville gave Gretn two more than I thought.

So Ridgeview could be playing home games until the title game if they advance. If they don't win Region D, Appo hosts. I think Graham is the best team in Region D, but for them to advance to a title game, they'd have to make three brutal road trips at three fantastic teams in Union, Ridgeview and Appo. That may be too tough a task for even an insanely talented G-Men team.

So Ridgeview could be playing home games until the title game if they advance. If they don't win Region D, Appo hosts. I think Graham is the best team in Region D, but for them to advance to a title game, they'd have to make three brutal road trips at three fantastic teams in Union, Ridgeview and Appo. That may be too tough a task for even an insanely talented G-Men team.

Looks like Graham travels for Appomattox, Radford, and Gretna. That's tough when a fair majority think they are the team to beat

Graham had some point pits on their schedule this year that really hurt them.

Va High, Lebanon, Marion, Princeton, WV and Giles combined for 10 wins. 3 of those are unavoidable district games and the other 2 have been on their schedule for years.

Not going to get a #1 seed with a schedule like that. Not Graham's fault, but it is what it is.

With that said, playing on the road didn't hurt them last year. We'll find out soon enough.

Looks like Graham travels for Appomattox, Radford, and Gretna. That's tough when a fair majority think they are the team to beat

After last season, I don't believe Radford wants to see the G-Men lol.

I think Graham is the best team out west, but going on the road all those trips is a tall task. I may change my pick after the first couple rounds.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
In regions covered by the Roanoke Times, there are 19 rematches from regular season. VHSL needs to back up and punt this stupid format, out of play. And create a new one.
Basically,its the same teams over and over and over, most every year.

I recall in Gretna's glory days, we played King William, Essex, Buckingham, Amelia, Virginia High Tazwell, John battle (I believe), Giles, Goochland, among others. Now its Dan River, Radford or Appomattox it seems all the time.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT