5. Gate City (3-3) 17.000
6. Lee (3-3) 16.333
7. Marion (2-4) 14.333
8. Lebanon (3-4) 14.286
9. Battle (2-4) 14.000
10. Virginia (1-5) 13.167
11. Central (1-5) 12.333
12. Richlands (0-6). 10.667

Graham with 2 key players out for the season and a few more injured have struggled a bit, but they are getting healthy, don't count out the G-men just yet.
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞Hughes was a huge loss! I hated for him! He’s a good kid and they really need his leadership on the field. I think they’re lacking a true leader right now out on the field. Not taking anything away from the Seniors but last year’s Seniors were natural leaders. Kept everyone’s focus where it needed to be…a more cohesive unit. I will say, the Marion game showed glimpses of what we’re used to as far as the GMen level of play. Hopefully, keeps going in the right direction.

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞Hughes was a huge loss! I hated for him! He’s a good kid and they really need his leadership on the field. I think they’re lacking a true leader right now out on the field. Not taking anything away from the Seniors but last year’s Seniors were natural leaders. Kept everyone’s focus where it needed to be…a more cohesive unit. I will say, the Marion game showed glimpses of what we’re used to as far as the GMen level of play. Hopefully, keeps going in the right direction.
Yes, he is really missed out there, as is Carter Lloyd on the Line. They cleaned up a lot of the penalties on the line last week, but the O-Line for Graham will be the key for how far they can go. If Clements returns to full strength, he is a difference maker. Losing the 2A offensive player of the year has been a huge loss for Graham, getting him back (at full strength) will be very impactful, I think. The little bit he has tried to play this season, he hasn't been at full strength and it has been quite noticeable, hasn't had the cut - back ability or the explosiveness that we are used to seeing from him. However, having him back at full strength (hopefully) may not be enough, if that offensive line doesn't get straightened out. Not sure what the deal is with the lineplay this year, but it just seems to have taken a step back. They have good size and strength, but the youth is showing. The defense is playing well, except for a couple of big plays they gave up last week, I like the way the defense has been trending for them.

You make a good point about leadership on the field. Maybe Clements can provide that role, if he is healthy. He is a senior and has the ability to change a game in an instant.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Yes, he is really missed out there, as is Carter Lloyd on the Line. They cleaned up a lot of the penalties on the line last week, but the O-Line for Graham will be the key for how far they can go. If Clements returns to full strength, he is a difference maker. Losing the 2A offensive player of the year has been a huge loss for Graham, getting him back (at full strength) will be very impactful, I think. The little bit he has tried to play this season, he hasn't been at full strength and it has been quite noticeable, hasn't had the cut - back ability or the explosiveness that we are used to seeing from him. However, having him back at full strength (hopefully) may not be enough, if that offensive line doesn't get straightened out. Not sure what the deal is with the lineplay this year, but it just seems to have taken a step back. They have good size and strength, but the youth is showing. The defense is playing well, except for a couple of big plays they gave up last week, I like the way the defense has been trending for them.

You make a good point about leadership on the field. Maybe Clements can provide that role, if he is healthy. He is a senior and has the ability to change a game in an instant.
Hopefully, Clements gets back to full strength. It will be a game changer. The o-Line is young. I believe 4 of them have never started varsity until this year. Maybe Coach Hayes can whip them into shape. It is making it hard on Roberts at QB when he’s getting so much pressure. He has progressed well considering the O-Line play. I’ve been impressed with others who have stepped up on offense while Clements has been injured. Edwards has had some great outings. Floyd plays hard every time he gets the ball. Having Blake Graham on offense & defense is a definite plus. Defense is definitely trending in the right direction. Snake & Rex have them playing more like we’re used to seeing.
Lloyd is another big loss for sure. Im
guessing he probably won’t be back. I haven’t heard anything official but it didn’t look good when he came out against Marion. I hate it for him too. GMen really needed him back on offense.

Reactions: Stabler1980
All I know is I’d much rather see Union get the top seed and make Graham and RV have to beat on each other instead of dropping one and having to beat both. After the top three in 2D, there’s a MASSIVE drop off.

All I know is I’d much rather see Union get the top seed and make Graham and RV have to beat on each other instead of dropping one and having to beat both. After the top three in 2D, there’s a MASSIVE drop off.
I'd rather not have to play Union , period 😂😂. The Bears will be a tough out for anyone in 2D.

Right now, In Region D, I would have to go with Union as the favorite to make it out of the region. Graham and Ridgeview will battle it out to see who faces them for the region title, in my opinion. Unless Graham improves tremendously on the O-Line, I don't see them taking down Union this year.

Union is the odds on favorite in D right now and deservedly so.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Also, Radford may be the best team in C and D right now.
I think it is between Gretna and Radford in C. Radford has played good defense this year, but the quality of their schedule has been down. Alleghany has a good team, and is probably the best team they have played. Glenvar isn't a slouch, but they did not have the same punch as previous years. I do not think Radford will be challenged the remaining portion of their schedule.

Gretna and Altavista may be the game of the week, this week.

Union looks really good. Going to be tough for anyone to beat them, including my Bobcats. It's early and Radford has to get by Gretna, Appo, Glenvar and a long ways away, and we can beat Union. I'm also very sure Union can beat us. The Bears have to get by Graham and Ridgeview and I wouldn't count the Bulldogs of Tazewell all the way out just yet. They have some talent on that team and when it shows up, you get a score like V. High was this past weekend and that score was worse than Ridgeview and Graham against VH.

Union looks really good. Going to be tough for anyone to beat them, including my Bobcats. It's early and Radford has to get by Gretna, Appo, Glenvar and a long ways away, and we can beat Union. I'm also very sure Union can beat us. The Bears have to get by Graham and Ridgeview and I wouldn't count the Bulldogs of Tazewell all the way out just yet. They have some talent on that team and when it shows up, you get a score like V. High was this past weekend and that score was worse than Ridgeview and Graham against VH.
Tazewell is like Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde.. They have everybody healthy now. Missing 2 or 3 key players on an AA team can make a huge difference. You are not wrong about the Bulldogs having talent, first 3 or 4 games, the QB played hurt, he looks better, they were missing their starting RB / DE and he is back. A couple others were banged up and not 100% and they are now back. Key for them will be to shore up the defense a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT