ADVERTISEMENT

Final Colonial Beach 60 William Campbell 67

Jdavis54

VaPreps Rookie
Sep 10, 2015
Wasn't there just got radio updates. The teams combined to score 69 points in the 4th quarter. William Campbell's Tyrell Staten had 8 TDs

UPSET OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, CB did not hold the lead and WC can back and won. Great Game in A1 EAST !

Last edited:
WC was the 5 seed. Would have been the upset of the night if CB had of held on. Would love to see the stats and highlights of this one

Had to be some records broken...69 points in the 4th quarter in a playoff game? it was said like 8 or so 2 point plays taken after scores in a row and all made! it sounds like they just lined up, handed off and scored TDs.

And William Campbell is rated third in 1A after Riverheads and Essex by the VHSL ratings system. CB went 3-7. So would have been a huge upset! CB had lead with like 40 seconds left.

You are a bit confused. You are referencing the VHSL-reference ratings which have absolutely nothing to do with the Virginia High School League. It's like a different version of Gilliam's Ratings.

oh yes, thanks NNDman. I could see where it might be confusing indeed. The tool I was "referencing" rates the entire state (as you stated, it is not affiliated or endorsed by the actual governing body of the VHSL). They call their state ratings - VHSL Football 2015 Division 1 State Rankings. It was used to illustrate a point that WC and AltaVista were the favorites last night over their NND opponents.

So WC was #3 in VHSL Reference, WC was #7 in Gilliam Ratings, and #8 in the Va Preps poll.

However, the only tool that "officially" counts is the VHSL's Group 1A East Region Football Ratings which had William Campbell at #5 (which, of course, put them just out of the top 4 and the byes in the East.

It will be on the list as the number 5 largest combined score in the books but, looking at it was the largest 4 quarters combined score. I don't know the official stats but Tyrell Staten should have broken multiple records as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT