ADVERTISEMENT

Final - Lafayette 14. Smithfield 0

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
The Smithfield offense was stifled all night and never really threatened to score. Hard to believe they layed 38 points and 330 (actually final passing yards was 388) yards on Dinwiddie. No such performance tonite.
Lafayette scored on a long pass on the last play of the first half and had a nice drive in the 4Q. Still, lots of room for improvement for the offense.

Last edited:
Good win Lafayette. I took you guys so thank you! You guys kind of dominated that one too!

Historically, Smithfield has always struggled against the Rams. I am not surprised even a tiny bit. It was an exceptionally embarrassing performance tonight. Packer Defense played a hell of a game all night long, can't fault them in the least. I cannot understand for the life of me WHY coach kept rolling out a right handed QB to the left to throw against his body or reverse to throw against the flow of the defense. Rams had lanes covered all night. Piss poor performance by the coaching staff this week, in my humble opinion. But, hey....what do I know? That's why I sit in the stands each week...LOL....pick up the pieces and and try to regroup next week.

Reactions: mbonape1
Oh...and a nice win for Lafayette...congrats!

Historically, Smithfield has always struggled against the Rams. I am not surprised even a tiny bit. It was an exceptionally embarrassing performance tonight. Packer Defense played a hell of a game all night long, can't fault them in the least. I cannot understand for the life of me WHY coach kept rolling out a right handed QB to the left to throw against his body or reverse to throw against the flow of the defense. Rams had lanes covered all night. Piss poor performance by the coaching staff this week, in my humble opinion. But, hey....what do I know? That's why I sit in the stands each week...LOL....pick up the pieces and and try to regroup next week.

Good news is there is a good chance you finish 8-2 anyways and will be all-systems go for the playoffs.

Reactions: gwb16
Oh...and a nice win for Lafayette...congrats!
I was totally surprised by how dominating our defense was. Drew went from 388 yards against Dinwiddie to 85 and 50 of that in the last 2 minutes. On the roll out I think they were trying to go the other way from Navy Div 1 Recruit DE Armonii Burden. But as it turned out the rush by the Lb's Canady and Erwin was relentless. The secondary covered better than I have seen in years.

Reactions: gwb16 and mbonape1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT