ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Midlo 42- 35 Manchester

Manchester QB took too many chances & he threw 3-4 interceptions. Midlothian had enough balance in their offense to move the ball & I think the Lancers must have wore down as the game progressed. The early, run heavy offense paid off down the stretch. It definitely opened up the pass for their comeback!

5C is getting interesting!

Reactions: springer76
FB1dUC0XIAY-sIW

Watched this game on Youtube. Coach Hutchings called a marvelous game and Manchester got served a little humble pie. Manchester is dangerous and can explode offensively. The turnovers hurt but what bothered me more was the inability for Manchester to get stops. Keep in mind, Midlo had at least 2 turnovers and one of them they fumbled on the Manchester half yard line nullifying a for sure TD right before half time.

I heard Midlo has not lost a JV game in two years. Also, they have two CQL teams piping into the HS team (Midlo & Swift Creek) that are routinely competitive at the youth level. They might be a factor for next few years.

Bottom line is Midlo stood up and took that game man to man the old fashion way. Rival or not, I am about to do something I have never done before as a Monacanite... Well done Trojans and good luck the rest of the way, I'll be rooting for you!

Watched this game on Youtube. Coach Hutchings called a marvelous game and Manchester got served a little humble pie. Manchester is dangerous and can explode offensively. The turnovers hurt but what bothered me more was the inability for Manchester to get stops. Keep in mind, Midlo had at least 2 turnovers and one of them they fumbled on the Manchester half yard line nullifying a for sure TD right before half time.

I heard Midlo has not lost a JV game in two years. Also, they have two CQL teams piping into the HS team (Midlo & Swift Creek) that are routinely competitive at the youth level. They might be a factor for next few years.

Bottom line is Midlo stood up and took that game man to man the old fashion way. Rival or not, I am about to do something I have never done before as a Monacanite... Well done Trojans and good luck the rest of the way, I'll be rooting for you!
Coach Hutchings has done a masterful job of turning this program around. He has changed the culture and the attitude of a program that usually in the bottom half of the Dominion for as long as I can remember. His passion and love for the program and the kids was evident watching his post-game on Final Score Friday as you could see him get a bit emotional.

I do no believe this is a 1-hit wonder. You are correct about the JV team and Drew Kleski is just a freshman and Cooper Meads & Ashby Berry are just juniors. The future is brighter for the Trojans than it has been in my 20 years following the region.

Good win by Midlo. Turnovers kept Manchester from winning.
Big time win for Midlo!! I'm excited to see them "up and coming". It's exciting for them I know and it's exciting for us as spectators and seeing a "new kid on the block" emerge!! I don't think HSHS has ever played Midlothian. We might get the opportunity come playoff time!! Midlo still has to get past Powhatan and James River, I think the Trojans will be undefeated at the end of the regular season. HSHS has 2 games left, Atlee and VARINA. Varina is undefeated and probably will remain undefeated when we meet in week 10. Fun and exciting stuff brewing! As you all know, HSHS has a big target on their backs! HS has a very good team and they are still having growing pains... Way too many penalties being committed and a weak place kicking issue.

Last edited:
Big time win for Midlo!! I'm excited to see them "up and coming". It's exciting for them I know and it's exciting for us as spectators and seeing a "new kid on the block" emerge!! I don't think HSHS has ever played Midlothian. We might get the opportunity come playoff time!! Midlo still has to get past Powhatan and James River, I think the Trojans will be undefeated at the end of the regular season. HSHS has 2 games left, Atlee and VARINA. Varina is undefeated and probably will remain undefeated when we meet in week 10. Fun and exciting stuff brewing! As you all know, HSHS has a big target on their backs! HS has a very good team and they are still having growing pains... Way too many penalties being committed and a weak place kicking issue.
Midlothian has been around since 1956 and never played the Springers.

i think midlo JV just lost 2 games in a row if im not mistaken
Midlothian lost to Glen Allen and Manchester. One of my golfing partners grandson plays on the Midlothian JV Team. He said the team has been decimated by injuries and covid protocol the last month. Midlothian won 15 games in a row before the two losses. Midlothian people I know fired about their football program.

Midlothian lost to Glen Allen and Manchester. One of my golfing partners grandson plays on the Midlothian JV Team. He said the team has been decimated by injuries and covid protocol the last month. Midlothian won 15 games in a row before the two losses. Midlothian people I know fired about their football program.
HSHS jv lost to Freeman last (Spring) season. The only game they have lost in 7 season. They are like 67-1 over the 7 years. 8-0 this year, so far.

They Should be... That win was TITANIC for that program!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT