ADVERTISEMENT

Final Score North Cross 56, Blessed Sacrament 7

Aug 21, 2014
A really impressive first half by North Cross. Offense was unstoppable scoring 40 in multiple ways and defense was dominant, allowing 0 and no movement. Too many weapons for a BSH team that never quit.

North Cross finishes first part of their season with three good wins over outmatched opponents. Now start three game stretch on road against NSA, on road at Blue Ridge, and at home against STAB. Will know more about North Cross then.

A shout out to D4, checked with AD and North Cross will have one player turning 19 before graduation.

More on NSA later! A grudge match for North Cross after three monstrous beat downs over the past two years.

Congrats to NC on the victory. They are a very good football team. If they can stay healthy all season, they should definitely contend in D2. But, you really can't be surprised at their start, though. C'mon. You knew you guys would most likely get by RC, and you knew VES was way down just like they've been for the past few years, and you knew BSH was down just like they've been for the past few years. I mean, NC has beaten both VES and BSH handily the last couple years, so there's no reason to think this year would be any different. So, NC has beaten two D3 teams (one of them decent, the other a D3 team that hasn't had a winning record in several years), and a D2 team that hasn't had a winning record in several years. And I'm not sure NSA is an accurate barometer either, right? Isn't NSA way down this year, too? Besides the obvious revenge factor, will a NC victory over NSA really prove anything, considering the consensus is this is an NSA team that is well below the strength they've had in previous years?

RC won tonight, 48 - 0. Fishburne Military was their usual. Had a larger roster than RC. Had bigger, faster overall athletes than RC. But just couldn't get out of their own way. To their credit, as always, they never quit. Good kids. If my math is correct...NC has beaten their last two opponents 103-7. And RC has beaten their last two opponents 131-7. 28 pts - only a 4td difference in 2 games. In the Roanoke area, Lord Botetourt won tonight by 70 pts, and Covington won by 64 pts. And I'm sure there's crazy scores just like that all over the state...but I'm sure those coaches all intentionally ran up the score (like RC did last week). :)

"A shout out to D4, checked with AD and North Cross will have one player turning 19 before graduation." Ha! Glad to know I'm living in your head, rent free, my buddy. What a random and pretty defensive thing to say. But on a more serious note...not sure it means anything to supposedly pass along alleged info from an AD - information that can't truly be verified. Either way, regardless of when they turn 19, would still love to know how many have been re-classed and should have graduated last year... That's what matters.

True true on the first three games. As I said in earlier post, this the first time in a long time that North Cross has three lower division teams on schedule. Also it was nice not having to travel. Thanks to Catholic on that one.

Seems like many traditional D2 powers are down this year. Hopefully that includes NSA but they just picked up nice win against Church. I think game to watch will be Blue Ridge as they are always big and tough.

Not in my head, just don't want the state to get the impression that when they play North Cross, they are playing a bunch of nineteen year olds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT