ADVERTISEMENT

Final Season for Park View (South Hill) & Bluestone High Schools

MascotMemorizer

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 30, 2007
The 2021-2022 will be the final year that Park View (South Hill) & Bluestone will play as they are consolidating in 2022. The two schools (along with both middles schools) will form Mecklenburg County Middle/High School. Their mascot will be the Phoenix & their school colors are Red (like a 🔥 red), Black, & White.
Here's a video of how their campus will look:

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Phoenix is a cool nickname. Rising from the ashes, etc. But, I guess it wouldn't matter much nowadays as few will know this and there will be little to no jokes about it..............Mecklenburg State Correctional Center was there and the site of Virginia's Death Row for many decades up until about 1998. The prison closed a few years ago, and the death row long since been moved to Sussex in the 90s, bit still the construction located for the new school is only about 2 miles from what was once, one of the more famous Death Row blocks in America with many people awaiting there execution. Interesting that the name "Phoenix" and that history of Meck. County are now intertwined.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
If they have good coaching and good support, they should be a regular playoff team if they are a 4. Most of their schedule will be smaller schools which meas they should win more than they lose. I hope they are able to put together a good football program, and other athletic teams as well. There is not a lot binding the community together down there, and high school sports can help with that.

Thanks Ampipe

I like the Phoenix nickname too. If they had went another direction, I would have took the navy blue from Bluestone, the green from Park View (South Hill), throw in either white or silver and made them either the Mecklenburg County Lakers or the Mecklenburg County Mudcats, due to the county's lakes.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT