ADVERTISEMENT

Former Appo's Scruggs is going to play Sundays

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
My opinion only, but have watched him twice this year. He's a defensive back/safety for Liberty and starts as a true sophomore. He's already the second best player right now on Liberty's defense and the guy is like a heat seeking missile out there. I watched him play at Brigham Young and was really impressed. I think this kid will be drafted his senior year.

The young man loves the game and he is the ultimate competitor!
He would seek out others teams “man” to try to prove who was the Alpha male.
He hits likes he 20-30 lbs more than he is.
Tell him he can’t... and he will work his butt off to prove you wrong!

My opinion only, but have watched him twice this year. He's a defensive back/safety for Liberty and starts as a true sophomore. He's already the second best player right now on Liberty's defense and the guy is like a heat seeking missile out there. I watched him play at Brigham Young and was really impressed. I think this kid will be drafted his senior year.
I hope you are right and would not at all be surprised. JaVon is the type of player that is a coach’s dream; fearless, confident, a sponge in film study and a true leader who leads by example. We currently have and have had great players developed during Coach Smith’s tenure. Javon always gave 100% on every play and demanded the same from fellow players and coaches. One player doesn’t win championships and in Appomattox that is completely true. We are proud of ALL players who have worn the Raider uniform and don’t want to single one player over the other in the spirit of P01-but we are so proud of them all whenever they are recognized on or off the football field.

How about Buster? He was my favorite player watching them play either video or seeing the State Championship
Buster is one of those guy’s that also “ get’s the job done “ by actions more than words. I have no doubt that if signed as a free agent and given time to develop he could do anything he decides to do. My only fear is coming out of a smaller school and the number of players in the same position from bigger schools. I’d be curious to see him compete at a combine. Buster can play- I just hope he gets an opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT