ADVERTISEMENT

Former Essex Trojan 2023 Grad Kam Robinson..

Essex Trojan1

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
May 17, 2009

Kam got a pick 6 vs Louisville last nigh. That’s his 2nd int for the year. A week or so ago he was listed as the leading true freshman linebacker in the nation in tackles made with a total of 47. Since then, his told has went up.

See All

STATS

TOTSOLOASTSACKFFFRYDSINTYDSAVGTDLNGPDSTFSTFYDSKB

Last edited:

Kam got a pick 6 vs Louisville last nigh. That’s his 2nd int for the year. A week or so ago he was listed as the leading true freshman linebacker in the nation in tackles made with a total of 47. Since then, his told has went up.

See All
STATS

TOTSOLOASTSACKFFFRYDSINTYDSAVGTDLNGPDSTFSTFYDSKB
What a freaking awesome clip of Kam getting the big pick 6 v the #11th ranked team in the nation! Thanks for posting, EssexTrojan1.

Yea - I saw Robinson's pic and article in the Richmond Times-Dispatch recently. Kam is considered the best D rookie (leader in tackles etc.) in the entire ACC (Power 5 program). A true Freshman...

I had meant to post about it and glad that you did. I have read before weeks ago that some UVA coaches have said Kam may already be the most athletic player on the entire squad.

I was told that his high school coach Jones and his family went to watch him play last weekend. Kam came out of that game with an injury - too bad they were not there to see that performance last night.

Reactions: Essex Trojan1
It is just insane that we also currently have another true Freshman from our little Northern Neck area performing in the big time of Power 5 College Football.

Of course, I am speaking of Northumberland's Cameron Seldon, who plays for #14 in the nation, Tennessee of the SEC. Cam has earned playing time in every game this season. Again, these boys are true Freshman. Cam does not start yet but only because according to the Tennessee coaches they are just loaded in talent ahead of him (upperclassmen).

The coaches have also said of Cam (just like the Essex Kam) that he is unreal in speed, work ethic, talent, intelligence, and athletic abilities. It is just a matter of time as he works hard and studies the complex systems. Some big articles (one was in like Sports Illustrated) said that some experts are predicting Cam to possibly become a Tennessee legend before it's over (NFL high draft pick in the making - their words, not mine).

Lot of pressure and high expectations being placed on both of these fine young Northern Neck/Middle Peninsula men. However, I can tell you that they both have the mindset and the support base to handle it plus all the glory that could be coming their way if they remain focused on their goals.

I know everyone involved is so proud of them. Tonight for example, NHS is raffling off a Tennessee Football Jersey and framed photo, maybe a ball, etc. signed by Seldon. Money to go to NHS Athletics.

Congrats to Robinson and Seldon (Kam & Cam), their families, and both Essex and Northumberland counties for producing them.

Can’t forget about King William’s Demond Claiborne (RB) at Wake Forest and Adairius Jones (DL) who was at Texas A&M for 3 years but transferred to The University of Memphis this season. He has 2 years left due to a season ending knee injury a year or so ago. Plus, there are a good number from the NNK & TD area who are playing at the next level.

Absolutely.

It is crazy how many local athletes (from various sports) from our small and relatively sparsely populated area are currently or were playing at the next level, some at the top elite levels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT