ADVERTISEMENT

Former Salem center , VT recruit

Pushing for playing time and possibly starting. Zachariah Hoyt
That is impossible... his offer came in January after his senior year of football was over. Major Colleges are done recruiting way before then.

That is obviously a joke. From what I have heard, he has a real good shot of being the starter this year.

Pushing for playing time and possibly starting. Zachariah Hoyt
No disrespect to Zahariah but I haven't found anything to support that statement. Not on the depth chart, not on any of the Spring workout reports and nothing special from last year (he has not played a down since becoming a Hokie).

Now, I do know that there are private discussions between players and Coachs. Home of the unwritten promise. Plus, I didn't look hard. Very best to him regardless. Center is a very tough position on any team.

No disrespect to Zahariah but I haven't found anything to support that statement. Not on the depth chart, not on any of the Spring workout reports and nothing special from last year (he has not played a down since becoming a Hokie).

Now, I do know that there are private discussions between players and Coachs. Home of the unwritten promise. Plus, I didn't look hard. Very best to him regardless. Center is a very tough position on any team.
You are either looking at bad info or not interpreting what you have. He came out of spring #2 on depth chart and mentions on a variety of sites following VT talk of him pushing the starter. Nothing gets decided until August. I can also tell you that this VT staff doesn't operate with unwritten promises. They play it close to the vest with the media and general public but, kids know where they stand.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
You are either looking at bad info or not interpreting what you have. He came out of spring #2 on depth chart and mentions on a variety of sites following VT talk of him pushing the starter. Nothing gets decided until August. I can also tell you that this VT staff doesn't operate with unwritten promises. They play it close to the vest with the media and general public but, kids know where they stand.

Good post. Yes, I saw he was #2 on the depth chart after the Spring game.

Other than Bud Foster, I no longer have tight info on VT. But it's nice to feel the standards in relations to players remain unchanged. Treat players like men and they act like men.

Congrats to mr. Hoyt and hope it happens for.

Good post. Yes, I saw he was #2 on the depth chart after the Spring game.

Other than Bud Foster, I no longer have tight info on VT. But it's nice to feel the standards in relations to players remain unchanged. Treat players like men and they act like men.

Congrats to mr. Hoyt and hope it happens for.
" tight info" on Hokie nation? Come on man!!!!

" tight info" on Hokie nation? Come on man!!!!
Tight info means player and Coachs. With the changes after Beamer, I no longer have Coaching connections. Add to that, the players I knew have graduated. It also doesn't help that I have moved. So all of you should haver better contacts than I.

Good luck this year. Sounds like the Warriors have some good guys.

If The 2017 and 18 defense shows up like some good ones in the past , nobody in the northern side of the state will want to play the Warriors . They will score a lot of points , offensively loaded for the next two years. I have faith TJ Rohrbaugh defensive C. Is already on it , he is a great coach. Talent, and speed will be better than any warrior team of the past. They still have to go out and do the work , so I will have more insight this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT