ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Chiswell 30 Parry McCluer 12 Halftime

45-40, 3:33 left. Hamilton just left with an injury. I pray that he's okay

Fort Chiswell 54 Parry McCluer 45. Congrats to the Pioneers.

Fort Chiswell beat Auburn last week and now Parry McCluer. They have a stud in Siler Watson and could be the classic example of a team peaking at the right time

I am astonished that they dominated PM that way in Buena Vista. Those fans must have been stunned.
PM cut it to 3 points with just under two minutes left, but FC answered. Watson for FC scored 28 and he is a stud

Yeah PM only got 3 field goals the entire 1st half. FC outscored them 21-4 in the 2nd quarter
Wow!!!! And everyone thought I was crazy calling Lancaster the #1 seed the whole year. The only one that didn’t doubt me was you. Even The Hayfield (sorry if I butchered the name) dude didn’t give us the time of day.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Wow!!!! And everyone thought I was crazy calling Lancaster the #1 seed the whole year. The only one that didn’t doubt me was you. Even The Hayfield (sorry if I butchered the name) dude didn’t give us the time of day.
Lancaster has a strong history in basketball and after I saw them early in the season, I knew they were the real deal. Weapons all over the floor and the Henderson brothers are just special. The crazy thing is they return just about everyone next season. There's still some good teams left across the state, but Lancaster has to be the favorite. I will say both Region B teams left are very good teams and the Devils will have to avoid getting too confident. Altavista was in the title game last year and their top player is about 6'5 and can shoot it. Buffalo Gap is very fundamentally sound and has size and shooters. Plus when you're dealing with high school kids, you always have to keep them focused and forget about everything else once the ball is tipped. Looking forward to the state tournament kicking off next weekend. Any word on if Lancaster will be allowed to play at their gym or will they have to play their "home" game at another gym in the region? I know a few years ago they played a state semifinal game at KW and I remember back in the day they played Dan River at KW in a state game also.

Lancaster has a strong history in basketball and after I saw them early in the season, I knew they were the real deal. Weapons all over the floor and the Henderson brothers are just special. The crazy thing is they return just about everyone next season. There's still some good teams left across the state, but Lancaster has to be the favorite. I will say both Region B teams left are very good teams and the Devils will have to avoid getting too confident. Altavista was in the title game last year and their top player is about 6'5 and can shoot it. Buffalo Gap is very fundamentally sound and has size and shooters. Plus when you're dealing with high school kids, you always have to keep them focused and forget about everything else once the ball is tipped. Looking forward to the state tournament kicking off next weekend. Any word on if Lancaster will be allowed to play at their gym or will they have to play their "home" game at another gym in the region? I know a few years ago they played a state semifinal game at KW and I remember back in the day they played Dan River at KW in a state game also.
You are right. The kids needs to stay focus. It’s so difference under Coach Pinn. He has had those boys since they were like 10!! Those 2 state championships Lancaster won, you might as well thank Coach Pinn and his group. He pretty much gift wrapped teams to Coach Rice. Trust me. They boys are sooo focus and disciplined. They want it bad!!! Mainly because the whole state overlooked them. Lancaster does have another home game next Friday. That is a change from the norm. I remember playing Northumberland the last state championship we won in KW.

Pump the breaks on the state overlooked them. They've been on everyone's radar from the jump. They want it bad because they are competetors and that's what they do, not because of some made up slight. They were in the top 10 from the beginning, even without playing last year and nobody outside of true basketball circles knowing much about them. I think they are the best team in the state and the best shooting team in 1A I've ever seen.

Reactions: BigWinners

Teams can host in their own gym for state quarterfinals and state semifinals if the gym can hold 500 fans and can stream the game live.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Pump the breaks on the state overlooked them. They've been on everyone's radar from the jump. They want it bad because they are competetors and that's what they do, not because of some made up slight. They were in the top 10 from the beginning, even without playing last year and nobody outside of true basketball circles knowing much about them. I think they are the best team in the state and the best shooting team in 1A I've ever seen.
I strongly disagree with you. Lancaster being on everyone’s radar, maybe, and that was around the middle of the season but every dang gone pod cast and after game interview they only talked about the western VA teams and mostly PM. That’s what I meant by overlooked. The Northern Neck Podcast (a new podcast out of Westmoreland Co.) was talking about this.

The Northern Neck podcast talking about them being overlooked confirms it - LOL. Like I said, its made up, they were always in top 10 and were ranked #1 by Hatfield since the 1st poll of the new year and in top 5 since the 2nd week of the season but if everyone in the northern neck needs to believe they've been slighted who am i to argue. Just stating actual facts, nobody is or was ever sleeping on Lancaster.

The Northern Neck podcast talking about them being overlooked confirms it - LOL. Like I said, its made up, they were always in top 10 and were ranked #1 by Hatfield since the 1st poll of the new year and in top 5 since the 2nd week of the season but if everyone in the northern neck needs to believe they've been slighted who am i to argue. Just stating actual facts, nobody is or was ever sleeping on Lancaster.
Ok, let agree to disagree.

Reactions: REDDEVILS00
No one out in the Southwest doubts Lancaster-is very talented and well coached. Problem most of us haven’t been to that part of the state. We always thought PM was over rated. But we pretty darn good out here and also with tradition. Look what happed to East Rock when they came strutting out this way. Little old Twin Springs can make some noise. Oh by the way they travel well not with a couple 100 fans but we’ll over 1,000 known as the Big Red Army and not intimidated by anyone. So let’s just play the last games and see what happens. Never know when it comes to 14-18 year olds. Hopefully the trophy hasn’t already been placed in someone trophy case as with football placing in a certain school every year in 1A.

There are eight good teams left in the state We all know the competition gets harder and I doubt any of these teams are over looking there opponents and far as the top 10 my opinion the Guy that does it went by returners & how well they played the previous year i did think some teams in the east was overlooked and some out west was as well

Reactions: TS69
No one out in the Southwest doubts Lancaster-is very talented and well coached. Problem most of us haven’t been to that part of the state. We always thought PM was over rated. But we pretty darn good out here and also with tradition. Look what happed to East Rock when they came strutting out this way. Little old Twin Springs can make some noise. Oh by the way they travel well not with a couple 100 fans but we’ll over 1,000 known as the Big Red Army and not intimidated by anyone. So let’s just play the last games and see what happens. Never know when it comes to 14-18 year olds. Hopefully the trophy hasn’t already been placed in someone trophy case as with football placing in a certain school every year in 1A.
I’m not sure how many times you’ve watched PM but I’m not sure overrated is the word I’d use. This FC team is tough and the rest of 1A is about to find that out. They are 22-4 and were significantly underrated heading into the postseason.

Since you probably watch so many PM games I’m sure you knew that Mitchell, the starting PG, dislocated his shoulder a week to the day before that game and put it all on the line for an injury that typically requires 4-5 weeks before return to play. Just letting the rest of the board know that since you likely already did.

With the offense somewhat limited FC double and often triple teamed Hamilton in the post if that’s what you want to call it. Multiple times they bear hugged him with no whistles blown. He still willed the team back from an 18 point deficit and if cramps and injury hadn’t sidelined him the momentum may have shifted when his 3 cut the lead to 3.

PM is far from overrated. They hit a surging, peaking FC team that is tough and one of the larger schools in Class 1A. Keyboard warriors like yourself show just how much they know about the game in a situation like this.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
I’m not sure how many times you’ve watched PM but I’m not sure overrated is the word I’d use. This FC team is tough and the rest of 1A is about to find that out. They are 22-4 and were significantly underrated heading into the postseason.

Since you probably watch so many PM games I’m sure you knew that Mitchell, the starting PG, dislocated his shoulder a week to the day before that game and put it all on the line for an injury that typically requires 4-5 weeks before return to play. Just letting the rest of the board know that since you likely already did.

With the offense somewhat limited FC double and often triple teamed Hamilton in the post if that’s what you want to call it. Multiple times they bear hugged him with no whistles blown. He still willed the team back from an 18 point deficit and if cramps and injury hadn’t sidelined him the momentum may have shifted when his 3 cut the lead to 3.

PM is far from overrated. They hit a surging, peaking FC team that is tough and one of the larger schools in Class 1A. Keyboard warriors like yourself show just how much they know about the game in a situation like this.
Well Said. I agree with you.

I guess last year when PM traveled to J I Burton and won that was overrated? We came to them and won, ask them if we are overrated. They beat the Big Red Army didn’t they?

And LHS is right, ALL year its been PM and Lancaster at the top, I didn’t argue with him when they went to #1, and I said IF PM made it that far we would have to play extremely well to beat them. No, PM didn’t win, FC did, a REALLY good, well Coached team, that their own Coach stated the to the Roanoke Times that at the end of every year in the past they would have a good season and in the tournament had to face Radford, Floyd, etc., they knew they could beat PM, we have been in 1A our entire history, we will graduate 75 kids they will graduate 175!

As for putting the trophy in the trophy case of “some other single A school like they do each year” I’m not as infatuated with “other schools” as you are, I can only guess you are referring to Riverheads? Am I right?

Here is my answer to that, win in football and make it to Salem, or schedule them, and bring that 1000 strong red army up 81, because two things are for certain, 1) YOU AINT SEEN A RED ARMY like they will bring IF, you schedule them, and 2) THEY AINT GOING ANYWHERE, THEY WILL BE IN SALEM next year, I don’t care who drops down!

Used the word ain’t, because I assume you are familiar with that word!

Last edited:
I guess last year when PM traveled to J I Burton and won that was overrated? We came to them and won, ask them if we are overrated. They beat the Big Red Army didn’t they?

And LHS is right, ALL year its been PM and Lancaster at the top, I didn’t argue with him when they went to #1, and I said IF PM made it that far we would have to play extremely well to beat them. No, PM didn’t win, FC did, a REALLY good, well Coached team, that their own Coach stated the to the Roanoke Times that at the end of every year in the past they would have a good season and in the tournament had to face Radford, Floyd, etc., they knew they could beat PM, we have been in 1A our entire history, we will graduate 75 kids they will graduate 175!

As for putting the trophy in the trophy case of “some other single A school like they do each year” I’m not as infatuated with “other schools” as you are, I can only guess you are referring to Riverheads? Am I right?

Here is my answer to that, win in football and make it to Salem, or schedule them, and bring that 1000 strong red army up 81, because two things are for certain, 1) YOU AINT SEEN A RED ARMY like they will bring IF, you schedule them, and 2) THEY AINT GOING ANYWHERE!

Used the word ain’t, because I assume you are familiar with that word!
I might be wrong, but I think both Region C teams win in the state quarters.

Reactions: Mike777VSP
I agree, both well Coached and both have two pretty darn good players!!!
Take nothing away from TS or Eastside, but I just think the Region C teams are better. But it wouldn't totally shock me if both D teams won either.

Reactions: Mike777VSP
I might be wrong, but I think both Region C teams win in the state quarters.
Agree, I feel the same, but if both Region D teams won, not a huge shock. I think both would be upsets, but not out of ballpark type of upsets. Both D teams can win, but I just think the 2 in Region C are better this year.

Agree, I feel the same, but if both Region D teams won, not a huge shock. I think both would be upsets, but not out of ballpark type of upsets. Both D teams can win, but I just think the 2 in Region C are better this year.
I feel like they'll split. TS is tough place to play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT