ADVERTISEMENT

franklin played their toughest opponent without their star QB

woodlayer#952002

VaPreps Varsity
Oct 26, 2012
Franklin's Fred Lassiter was unavailable for last night's contest after being disciplined by school officials for a poor choice. The quarterback is expected to be an outstanding student-athlete going forward. I don't know if he would have made a difference but at 6'4" 240lb we could have used him last night. The back up QB played just about as good as any other QB Sussex has come to play this season. I would have rather him played his first game against some one else instead of the best defense in the state. I would not mind seeing a rematch with Fred at QB and LB in the playoff's

Franklin's Fred Lassiter was unavailable for last night's contest after being disciplined by school officials for a poor choice. The quarterback is expected to be an outstanding student-athlete going forward. I don't know if he would have made a difference but at 6'4" 240lb we could have used him last night. The back up QB played just about as good as any other QB Sussex has come to play this season. I would have rather him played his first game against some one else instead of the best defense in the state. I would not mind seeing a rematch with Fred at QB and LB in the playoff's.

Correction Franklin was missing five starters last night and this situation may get a little bit stickier hopefully this problem work itself out but it don't look good.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that Sussex played without their best player who suffered an ACL injury vs. Park View the previous week.
not making any excuses just stating the fact we had five starters suspended one being starting QB not say the outcome would have been in different but who knows but I do know this Sussex is the best team in 1A right now I hope they get to rematch in the playoffs.

Reactions: smallandfast
I think a team in Greenville might have something to say about that. I don't like 'em, but they are undefeated and defending state runner up

Franklin's Fred Lassiter was unavailable for last night's contest after being disciplined by school officials for a poor choice. The quarterback is expected to be an outstanding student-athlete going forward. I don't know if he would have made a difference but at 6'4" 240lb we could have used him last night. The back up QB played just about as good as any other QB Sussex has come to play this season. I would have rather him played his first game against some one else instead of the best defense in the state. I would not mind seeing a rematch with Fred at QB and LB in the playoff's
You had your QB when you played Park View and you got beat by 30 points....that was the best team youve seen this year!!!

You had your QB when you played Park View and you got beat by 30 points....that was the best team youve seen this year!!!
Park View is not 30 points better than franklin that's just the way the cards fell that night turnovers kill there momentum all night. as far as the best team we seen all year Sussex beat park view by two or three tds so to sum you up Sussex was the team we seen all year
I think a team in Greenville might have something to say about that. I don't like 'em, but they are undefeated and defending state runner up
They wont stand a chance against who ever come out of he east this year

Park View is not 30 points better than franklin that's just the way the cards fell that night turnovers kill there momentum all night. as far as the best team we seen all year Sussex beat park view by two or three tds so to sum you up Sussex was the team we seen all year

They wont stand a chance against who ever come out of he east this year
Any explanation to support the bolded statement, or just a hunch?

Any team can be beat on any given night. Both Franklin and Sussex were without their best players(Sussex RB/LB is out with a knee injury). I think what woodlayer is saying that Sussex deserves some respect after all they are undefeated just like Riverheads. I'm not going to say that Sussex would win(even though I will be pulling for them to run the table this year). I just hope that this Sussex team max out their potential whether it be a State Champion or not.

Reactions: smallandfast
I think at this point of the season everyone is dealing with injuries and etc. Park View hasn't had their best player (senior running back) Jaylen Bullock the entire season due to an unforseen medical issue. Lost another senior, receiver Isaac Furr in week 3, senior running back Hughie Chavis 2 weeks ago, and another senior injury in practice last week for the year that was big prior to the Brunswick game. I don't know if Lassiter would have made a difference vs the fast defense of Sussex.

Starting qb,rb,wr.cb,lb wasn't able to play five starter out but most noticeable was the qb he is not the fastest person on the field he wont run around you but at 6'4" 240lb he will run through you as for park view they are 3A that game is irrelevant franklin played a horrible game and the better team won that night. Back to the Sussex game I got off work late I didn't go in the game I sat across the street that game was so physical you could hear them guys hitting a least 30 to 40 yards from the field I mean every tackle people was getting tattooed. Most teams wont last long getting hit like that especially in November and December when its cold. I know I have not seen most teams play this year but if you have to play Sussex or franklin you are going to get hit whether you have the ball or not on every play so you better be ready because both teams play to the whistle and they are physical.

Reactions: TIGER...NATION
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT