ADVERTISEMENT

Freedom 35 - Varina 27

Varina had two chances inside the red zone in the fourth quarter and threw interceptions. It appeared Freedom was gassed in the 4th and Varina was coming on strong. Proud of Varina's no quit attitude. A loss always stings, but I think this experience will pay dividends come November.

Varina had two chances inside the red zone in the fourth quarter and threw interceptions. It appeared Freedom was gassed in the 4th and Varina was coming on strong. Proud of Varina's no quit attitude. A loss always stings, but I think this experience will pay dividends come November.
I'm also proud of the Blue devils. They were too legit to quit !!! Like you say it will pay off in November

Not saying Varina would have beat Freedom but Varina OC was horrible for the first 3 quarters. He did not help his qb out at all because Freedom secondary was playing 10-15 yards of the was. Finally Varina OC started dialing up short pads routes for #6 aka D-1, who is their best player.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Also had a fumble in the redzone that freedom ran back to make it 27-0 in the 2nd qtr

Sounds like it went about as expected. That offense is a mess. Smh.
I wouldn't say their offense is a mess but I will say their offensive coordinator took 3 quarters to figure out what needed to be done. For all the hype that Freedom gets Varina offense moved the ball on them with ease in the 2nd half and Varina defense scored 2 tds off of interceptions. If Varina OC would have called plays that got the ball in their playmaker hands in the first half Varina could have possibly upset Freedom. Don't forget Varina is very young and they have a new OC and new DC. Varina plays the top 2 teams in Virginia and they will be very battle tested come playoff time.

I wouldn't say their offense is a mess but I will say their offensive coordinator took 3 quarters to figure out what needed to be done. For all the hype that Freedom gets Varina offense moved the ball on them with ease in the 2nd half and Varina defense scored 2 tds off of interceptions. If Varina OC would have called plays that got the ball in their playmaker hands in the first half Varina could have possibly upset Freedom. Don't forget Varina is very young and they have a new OC and new DC. Varina plays the top 2 teams in Virginia and they will be very battle tested come playoff time.
Freedom is ranked number one in the state of Virginia and Varina held its own against them. You know that saying to be the best you have to play the best, hopefully the offensive coordinators will design or call plays to get the ball in there playmakers hands. I feel Varina left 21 points on the field when they played Indian River. I feel good about this team because I feel they are going to get better each game they play. Oh and by the way they are going to have to play the number two team in the state of Virginia also. They should be ready for the playoffs

Varina should’ve won that game. I saw someone post in the 757 group that Varina saw that they could play with Freedom in the second half and I agree.

Play calling is rough at times but I think they’ve found their formula last night. If you look at the state championship year, their play calling wasn’t much different however they put the ball in their top playmaker’s hands (Fisher). They have 3 guys they can give it to in Eric Smith (Liberty commit; @edwinanderson2nd he didn’t play last night), Elijah Brown (all types of FCS offers), and the Sophomore DaMari “D1” Carter who I think may end up with every P5 offer in America.

Varina has a really good senior class, but they are very young in a lot of spots as well. The game last night is a confidence booster for them going into a tough game against Herm next week. I don’t think it’s close on Thursday and I am willing to bet that we see the Route 5 boyz in the 4B championship game.

Varina should’ve won that game. I saw someone post in the 757 group that Varina saw that they could play with Freedom in the second half and I agree.

Play calling is rough at times but I think they’ve found their formula last night. If you look at the state championship year, their play calling wasn’t much different however they put the ball in their top playmaker’s hands (Fisher). They have 3 guys they can give it to in Eric Smith (Liberty commit; @edwinanderson2nd he didn’t play last night), Elijah Brown (all types of FCS offers), and the Sophomore DaMari “D1” Carter who I think may end up with every P5 offer in America.

Varina has a really good senior class, but they are very young in a lot of spots as well. The game last night is a confidence booster for them going into a tough game against Herm next week. I don’t think it’s close on Thursday and I am willing to bet that we see the Route 5 boyz in the 4B championship game.
Up 27-0 looks like somebody relaxed thinking it was going to be another easy win

@SFUWO It definitely feels that way, but remember, Freedom likes to run the score up on their opponents. I would bet a lot of money that they would’ve ran the score on Varina as the Freedom coaches talk a lot of smack in the 757 group.

Reactions: SFUWO
@SFUWO It definitely feels that way, but remember, Freedom likes to run the score up on their opponents. I would bet a lot of money that they would’ve ran the score on Varina as the Freedom coaches talk a lot of smack in the 757 group.
Yep you are correct they were talking smack at the game how they were going to run the score up on Varina and it wasn't the fans talking smack it was the players talking smack doing warm ups if they could have they would have

F46RTq5XAAAVvUh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT