ADVERTISEMENT

Freedom Woodbridge only playing 6 games this fall

Yeah boy, all that is really setting a great example for young people by the adults. Let’s all walk out on a school, take our coaching staff and all of the best players and don’t worry about the mess we left for the program at Freedom. To hell with those kids that we didn’t want at Hayfield anyway.

And hey, the adults at Freedom are not exactly innocent. They let Overton skirt the rules and build a super team. All was good when they were enjoying the prestige of winning championships.

The whole damn thing stinks.

Hey @BoKnowsSports will Varina be able to find a replacement?
Will be hard finding someone this time of year. The Varina coaching staff wanted Hayfield on their schedule instead of Freedom when the news broke that Overton had been hired there. It was honorable for Varina for not trying to break the contract with Freedom especially with Varina’s former principal being the current principal at Hayfield (it could’ve easily been done as both sides wanted to play). I wouldn’t be surprised if Varina finds an out of state opponent.

Reactions: mike salem
Will be hard finding someone this time of year.
Granville Central NC, near Mecklenburg, called off their season last week.
Might try Southern Durham for a 10/25 game if Atlee will move to 10/4.
Their opponents with common open dates aren't ranked nearly as high by Massey.
A30 Cedar Ridge & Nov. 1
S6 @ Bunn & S13
S13 @ Wake Christian & N1
S20 J.F. Webb & O11
O4 @ Vance County & O18
O11 Carrboro & O4
O18 @ Southern Durham & O25
O25 Louisburg & S13
N1 @ South Granville & S20

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Will be hard finding someone this time of year. The Varina coaching staff wanted Hayfield on their schedule instead of Freedom when the news broke that Overton had been hired there. It was honorable for Varina for not trying to break the contract with Freedom especially with Varina’s former principal being the current principal at Hayfield (it could’ve easily been done as both sides wanted to play). I wouldn’t be surprised if Varina finds an out of state opponent.
I think Riverdale Baptist in Maryland is still open on 10/4 which is Varina's current bye week. Would be a decent matchup. Hayfield is playing them a few weeks later.

Yeah boy, all that is really setting a great example for young people by the adults. Let’s all walk out on a school, take our coaching staff and all of the best players and don’t worry about the mess we left for the program at Freedom. To hell with those kids that we didn’t want at Hayfield anyway.

And hey, the adults at Freedom are not exactly innocent. They let Overton skirt the rules and build a super team. All was good when they were enjoying the prestige of winning championships.

The whole damn thing stinks.
I am glad you have gotten your bowels worked up. I have been telling you this for two years. Not sure how the VHSL and member schools can sleep at night knowing full well how Freedom and Hayfield are being operated. Oh I forgot they need someone to report it even though it's smacking them dead in the face. The travesty isn't just these two programs.

@DinwiddieProud - not surprised this was the finding. It is obvious, if you are not willing to build a super team you will not be able to win class 5 or 6 championships. Class 4 is next, if we are not already there, it won't be long.

With 62 players, I feel like they could play a full schedule.
Most of them are freshman and sophomores and predominantly freshman. Only 4 seniors. He’s a new coach and he’s not trying to get those kids hurt. I think it’s a good decision. They are not going to be competitive at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT