ADVERTISEMENT

From start of the season, Virginia Preps' Rod Johnson commented

GilliamRatings

VaPreps All State
Jun 5, 2001
Orange, Virginia
"Class 5A is EASILY the deepest in the state. There are 12-15 programs would could legitimately win the state."

I think he was exactly right. There were a ton of good teams and Virginia Preps had almost all of them picked out from the get go.

So what Bird and Tuscarora have done at this point is pretty amazing and I truly feel with some different bounces there were 10 or 12 teams that could be here, but it's these two. A school rich in tradition with lots of playoff experience, but even more success recently vs. a school that just opened, but they both like to run and they both like to hit.

Slobberknocker coming. Get ready for it.

I may miss it. My kids have a track meet, and my kids come first, but I'll be trying to watch on my laptop.

Thanks, Matt!

Hope that you get to see the game, it should be one of the best in the state this year

My kids have a track meet Saturday. I will likely be watching on a laptop in between events.

It'll be nice to have my son and daughter's races to distract me from being too nervous. Actually, I'll probably be doubly nervous because of their races.

Yeah, I think in a lot of ways, Bird is playing themselves this week; the two teams have similar philosophies. Should be a slobber knocker. I wonder if a state final has ever had the two featured backs with as many yards total.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT