ADVERTISEMENT

Galax at Honaker

Wasn't that what New Kent was running back during those days? I believe they were D2 back then IIRC. Or maybe I'm getting it mixed up and Liberty was running the double wing the year they beat New Kent for a title in the early 2000's.
No, New Kent ran the double wing back then. Them and KW had some wars. When KW won the state championship in 2000, their hardest opponent was New Kent in the regional championship game. Score was 6-0. Fred Birchett was the coach for New Kent back then and of course, Roger Brookes was coach for KW

Reactions: MMQP 6.0
I have to give props to a Honaker for being very aggressive and getting out to a 14 point lead. Although I have to give Galax massive credit for staying with their game plan and being patient and run the ball as planned. A lot coaches would of panicked and went away from the plan

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Galax fumbled on the Honaker 3 with 2 minutes left to play. Then kneeled when Honaker fumbled it right back to them. Another 14 point swing if we’re picking knits.
Honaker had three total turnovers in a 13 point game. Y’all acting like Galax dominated lol.

I’m not “acting” like anything. Just pointing out glaring weaknesses to your whataboutism.
What? lol okay bro I simply pointed out that
A: Honakers defense didn’t allow 49 like claimed, they allowed 42
B: that occurred on a 98 yard INT return for a TD, which is basically the textbook definition of a 14 point swing.
C: Honaker had three turnovers and lost by 13.

What’s not true? I’m not taking anything away from Galax whereas you and EVERYONE in this thread is talking down about Honaker.

What? lol okay bro I simply pointed out that
A: Honakers defense didn’t allow 49 like claimed, they allowed 42
B: that occurred on a 98 yard INT return for a TD, which is basically the textbook definition of a 14 point swing.
C: Honaker had three turnovers and lost by 13.

What’s not true? I’m not taking anything away from Galax whereas you and EVERYONE in this thread is talking down about Honaker.
Galax turned it over inside the Honaker 5 yard line. Then got it right back a play later when Honaker fumbled it right back to them. Galax kneeled instead of scoring from the 5 yard line. That 13 could have just as easily been 27. That’s the thing with whataboutism. It’s never limited to just one aspect of any situation and rarely has an end in sight. Kinda like picking nits.

Nobody is intentionally talking down about Honaker. Very good team with a very good season. But they had a glaring weakness all season with that defense and lack of physicality. It’s been the same story in Region 1D for a while now.

Not intended to be a slight on anyone. Just an honest assessment of the way I saw it play out.

True must be 1A to win. Maybe the reference was toward Riverheads and the magical 474.5 numbers for years. 😂😂 Hopefully the reference wasn’t aimed toward Essex, Twin Springs, Buffalo Gap, Sussex, or Brunswick.

True must be 1A to win. Maybe the reference was toward Riverheads and the magical 474.5 numbers for years. 😂😂 Hopefully the reference wasn’t aimed toward Essex, Twin Springs, Buffalo Gap, Sussex, or Brunswick.
Well hopefully not at Riverheads either. They have had a smaller attendance than Buffalo Gap every year except last years class and class of '25 were larger than usual. Class of '25 has 107 class of '26 has 96 and class of '27 has 93. So don't worry they will be back to around 402 kids and 1A in '25. Riverheads only had 2 kids more than allowed for 1A and graduated the biggest class by more than 20 kids in 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT