ADVERTISEMENT

Galax scores TD, up 7-0

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
Galax's Harris scores 2 yard TD, after big run to get into Essex territory.

Essex driving

9:50 left in 1st half

Big 4th & 10 coming up for Essex at the Galax 32-ish

Converted. And now they have a 1st & goal at the 5.

Wow... Galax 14 Essex 6.

Essex throws bad interception in Essex territory. Galax goes for a fake FG and throws for a TD on a 4th and 2 with around 35 seconds left in half.

Then Essex returns kickoff for the 85 yard TD! but it is called back after block in the back penalty against Essex...

Halftime - Galax up 14-6....

Last edited:
Tied game - 14 - 14!

Galax kicks off to start the 2nd half- Essex's Malik Martin takes it to the house! 88 yards of speed...

to give Galax credit, they 1st kicked out of bounds to avoid Essex returners, both are fast.

Essex said nope, rekick please....talk abut a momentum swing..

Essex gets by back, Coach Fulks calls Time Out, Malik Martin takes it about 80 yards for the TD.

Galax's Peoples goes 75 yards for the TD.

Galax 21 Essex 20 - in a wild one!

Does not look good for Essex at all....

Galax with ball inside the 5, 2 min left. Maybe let em score...

Galax scores TD 28 to 20... 2 min left

Isaiah Brown Pick Six will seal it for the Tide. Big upset. This kid was a transfer that made a huge difference this year.

Galax takes another Essex interception like 75 yards to the house to end Essex's season...

Galax 35-20 with like 25 seconds left.

Congrats to Galax. Great game plan and preparation. It was said that Galax is one of the hardest working teams and it showed. The lack of an Essex passing game in the playoffs (unlike the last few years when is was record setting) maybe put too much pressure on Martin and Monroe and others. Missing the EPs and two point conversions changed game as well.

So sorry to Essex especially the seniors....What a four year run.

Congrats to Galax. A good hard nosed football team and very well coached. Nothing to hang your heads about Essex. A four year run of 3 title game appearances and a semifinal appearance is something most teams only dream of. Good luck to Galax next week against another good team in Riverheads

Congrats to a solid Galax team and good luck to both Galax and Riverheads next week.

Congratulations to Galax High School football team on their win today against a very good Essex High School team. Galax will now play for the D1 State Championship in Salem. First may I compliment Essex on a very good season. Many football teams across the Commonwealth would love to have had the season you at Essex had, and your football program is known all across the Commonwealth as one of the best, year in and year out. I tip my hat to the players, the coaches, the parents, and the fans of Essex High School. Again, congratulations on a fantastic year!
Galax High School football team is to be commended on a remarkable season. Success did not come quick for you guys this season, but in my book a lot of hard work, mental toughness, intestinal fortitude, and pure desire to win has propelled you to the State Championships game in Salem, against powerful Riversheads. Galax has proven that the underdog can win, and win you did, many games in a row after a 1-4 start this year. Obviously you are on a mission, and you are a very well prepared, and a very well coached team. One of the best things about Galax, in my book, is that you, My Friends, carry the hopes and dreams of SWVA when you take the field in Salem. If there is a story book team in the Commonwealth, it is Galax High School! Stand tall My Friends from Galax. You are Galax, and Galax Proud! GO TIDE !!!

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Maroon again ? What does Galax look like ? How big and fast ? Record means nothing at this point !

Tough one for the Trojans. A lot of factors played into the outcome, but it was a good hard fought game by both teams. The Trojans left it on the field and that is all you can ask for, congrats on the season.

Galax is everything they have been advertised as. Well coached, battle tested, and strong football team. They won't overwhelm you with speed, but they are not slow. They are big, but not like GW size. From lineman to skill players, you can tell they are solid. I read the article about how they watch film and lift every morning and it shows. Best of luck to Galax, yall have a good football team. It should be a heck of a matchup.

PS- Wish there was some flexibility with the hosting of a semifinal game. If they had spoken to Galax and gave an estimate of how many fans they were going to bring, then Essex could have played this one at home. Essex stadium could have held all the fans at the game without bringing in bleachers and bathrooms. I understand rules are rules, but it was unfortunate.

Reactions: Essex Trojan1
Maroon again ? What does Galax look like ? How big and fast ? Record means nothing at this point !
Smaller than GW. Not the biggest or smallest team in size. But they have some decent size. They are pretty much like Riverheads, well coached and just pound the ball for the most part. Good execution on their plays. From what I saw, #'s 1, 6 and 9 (I think) were the speedsters. But not to the point of can't be caught. Just a solid team that's fundamental sound. I believe Essex downfall was some questionable play calls as well as rotating the starting QB with the backup QB (who is a major WR/RB for Essex). Two ints thrown by the backup QB that turned into TD's. Good luck to both teams next week. I'll be watching online.

Smaller than GW. Not the biggest or smallest team in size. But they have some decent size. They are pretty much like Riverheads, well coached and just pound the ball for the most part. Good execution on their plays. From what I saw, #'s 1, 6 and 9 (I think) were the speedsters. But not to the point of can't be caught. Just a solid team that's fundamental sound. I believe Essex downfall was some questionable play calls as well as rotating the starting QB with the backup QB (who is a major WR/RB for Essex). Two ints thrown by the backup QB that turned into TD's. Good luck to both teams next week. I'll be watching online.
Do they spread you out ? Run some wing ?

Most of the time yesterday they just gave it to #6 and he ran behind #44 the motion man. Think they attempted 3 maybe 4 passes all day. It really wasn't their offense that got Essex in the end, it was there defense. Very good run defense and they fly to the edges

Most of the time yesterday they just gave it to #6 and he ran behind #44 the motion man. Think they attempted 3 maybe 4 passes all day. It really wasn't their offense that got Essex in the end, it was there defense. Very good run defense and they fly to the edges
Thanks , should be a great contest next week !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT