ADVERTISEMENT

Game for 2017-2018 cycle

Harrisonburg week 1 Blacksburg week 2 Western Albemarle week 3 Rockbridge week 4 Northside week 5 non district and week 9 district Northside twice

Interesting playing Northside twice. Whats the reason behind that move? Surely saves you travel and even though they've got a lot going on over there at NHS, they're usually one of the best teams in the Roanoke Valley annually.

Interesting playing Northside twice. Whats the reason behind that move? Surely saves you travel and even though they've got a lot going on over there at NHS, they're usually one of the best teams in the Roanoke Valley annually.[/QUO
9 mile trip vs 2 hrs

Interesting playing Northside twice. Whats the reason behind that move? Surely saves you travel and even though they've got a lot going on over there at NHS, they're usually one of the best teams in the Roanoke Valley annually.
Some people don't like the idea of playing a team twice, (hr6) but in this case what a great idea. The games have been excellent between these 2 rivals lately and the gate will be awesome. I didn't know if Salem had any more Non-district games, but I was kind of hoping Salem might drop Byrd for Botetourt. I know they used to play and LB only won once over the years, but since Harless took over, Botetourt has been a much improved team, especially defensively. Even though Magna Vista beat LB handily in the Championship game, the Cavaliers were lucky to make the playoffs in the past, so they have stepped up big time! Northside has improved over the last 7 years as well with Torrence. It will be interesting to see how they do under a new coach.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Yeah, what will the future competitive level of Northside be for the next few years? It's hard to believe that they will not be adversely affected by what is happening.

Absolutely... a great opportunity to measure ourselves against one of the best in the state in all classifications[/QUOT

And this works both ways. Coach Mills always seeks the toughest competition he can find. So we look forward to seeing how we stack up against your guys, too. Should be a fun day of football.

I know I heard, but where will the scrimmage be held? At your school? Isn't there a third school involved? And I would assume it will be on a Friday afternoon?

Figured. It will be great for gate purposes and if Northside hires the right coach, they'll always be one of the better teams in timesland. Harless has got it going at LB. Not many thought they'd be state runner up last year. Credit to kids, coaches and community. Good luck again this year.

Yeah, what will the future competitive level of Northside be for the next few years? It's hard to believe that they will not be adversely affected by what is happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT