ADVERTISEMENT

Games moved to Sunday

No been busy this morning some of us got a job. Once I posted them saw it had been posted sorry to wake you up from nap

Reactions: obguthr
No been busy this morning some of us got a job. Once I posted them saw it had been posted sorry to wake you up from nap

Congratulations on having a job. I to have one, i just didn’t think it was an accomplishment so grand as to boast about it on a message board.

Congratulations on having a job. I to have one, i just didn’t think it was an accomplishment so grand as to boast about it on a message board.

Wow. Someone seems salty. The man posted something that had already been posted and you call him out for it? Then because he hadn't read every single post because he said he was busy at work you take another shot. Real classy

Wow. Someone seems salty. The man posted something that had already been posted and you call him out for it? Then because he hadn't read every single post because he said he was busy at work you take another shot. Real classy

He said and I quote “ some of us have a job” as to imply that I do not. He took it personally so thought he’d take a jab at me.

I will separate you guys by taking the conversation in another direction.........you might think that playing high school sports on a Sunday is rare, but this is at least the third time I can think of that Riverheads has been involved in Sunday sports activity. We won our 2013 Division 1 state baseball title in a game played in Salem that started at 10:00 AM on a Sunday, due to rain the day before. I also remember that one of our Shenandoah District Basketball Tournaments in the early to mid 2000s had to play a championship game on a Sunday due to snow.

So it does happen. Perhaps others of you have similar memories.

Essex and Manassas Park played a state semifinal football game in 2003 on a Sunday. Manassas Park ran the spread back before it became really big and came in undefeated but Essex held them to 7 points that day. Gate City would eventually beat Essex pretty soundly the following week to win the state championship

I will separate you guys by taking the conversation in another direction.........you might think that playing high school sports on a Sunday is rare, but this is at least the third time I can think of that Riverheads has been involved in Sunday sports activity. We won our 2013 Division 1 state baseball title in a game played in Salem that started at 10:00 AM on a Sunday, due to rain the day before. I also remember that one of our Shenandoah District Basketball Tournaments in the early to mid 2000s had to play a championship game on a Sunday due to snow.

So it does happen. Perhaps others of you have similar memories.

I'm sure it does happen, and I know safety is of utmost importance, and seems as no way to rectify the situation this year, but I still disagree like I said a few weeks ago on 4a board with playing on Sunday. That is the Lord's day, and it's terrible that people have to choose between church and going to football game. I disagree with Friday for long trips as well because of fans and work

Reactions: Bama1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT