ADVERTISEMENT

Games you're most looking forward to

Some interesting games I've found so far.

Week 1

Highland Springs @ Manchester
Stone Bridge @ James Madison
Salem @ Liberty Christian Academy

Week 2

Phoebus @ Highland Springs
Varina @ Freedom
Eastern View @ Huguenot

Week 3

Maury @ Highland Springs

Week 4

Dinwiddie @ Maury

Week 5

Huguenot @ Powhatan

Week 6

Dinwiddie @ Thomas Dale

Week 7

Manchester @ Huguenot

Week 9

Eastern View @ King George

Week 10

Warwick @ Phoebus
Highland Springs @ Varina
Woodgrove @ Tuscarora

Too many games to consider, if you look at the entire season. I’m going to just pick the first games of the season.

Prince George at Glen Allen, let’s see what Coach Hall has been able to do with the Royals with his short time at the helm.

King George at Brookpoint. Has KG found enough talent to replace the superstar receivers they lost to graduation?

Bird at James River. What will the Skyhawks look like after Troy Taylor. Didn’t Coach Henderson leave JR?

And who won’t be watching to see what happens when Hayfield goes to West Springfield. WS was a pretty tough team last year. Went two games deep in the playoffs. A good barometer to see how the Freedom team plays in a different uniform.

GW coming to Dinwiddie. GW is reported to be much improved. Dinwiddie will be prepared, ready, and poised.

Salem making the trip down to Lynchburg to take on mighty LCA. If the Spartans win, look out Class 4.

Glass at Botetourt. I think the winner launches there season to a near undefeated season.

The Bees at PH-R will be interesting. Brookville has an all star coaching staff. It remains to be seen if they have the talent to work with.

Draft trooping down to KW promises to be a hard fought, “ pick em” game. It could end with a one or two point difference.

Glenvar at Galax is a heck of an opening game to start the season. Two perennial state championship contenders face off from day one.

I agree with NNDman, Sussex at Essex should be a slobber knocker from right out of the gate’s of this new season.

It won’t be long now guys and gals. Those kids are sweating and working their butts off so we can enjoy what we all love. Be sure to thank them and encourage them every chance you get.

Some interesting games I've found so far.

Week 1

Highland Springs @ Manchester
Stone Bridge @ James Madison
Salem @ Liberty Christian Academy

Week 2

Phoebus @ Highland Springs
Varina @ Freedom
Eastern View @ Huguenot

Week 3

Maury @ Highland Springs

Week 4

Dinwiddie @ Maury

Week 5

Huguenot @ Powhatan

Week 6

Dinwiddie @ Thomas Dale

Week 7

Manchester @ Huguenot

Week 9

Eastern View @ King George

Week 10

Warwick @ Phoebus
Highland Springs @ Varina
Woodgrove @ Tuscarora
You took all the good ones lol. I’d add Herm @ Oscar Smith & Huguenot @ Bird too. From what I’m hearing Bird and Herm could be very serious players in Class 5 this year.

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT