ADVERTISEMENT

Georgetown and McClung Take Down St. John's

I think it should have been Michigan State. Tenn got handled by Auburn. MSU tied Reg Season champion and Tournament champion. It CERTAINLY shouldn't have been Gonzaga and their extremely weak schedule

MSU had some bad losses, and we saw how good Auburn really was. UT beat Gonzaga and UK 2/3 times. II thought they should have gotten it, but either MSU/UT was a better choice than the Zags

I was thinking Kentucky too. But it usually doesn't happen.

The point I was trying to make is that just having a high class doesn't constitute a championship. The biggest reason to me is that a lot of these teams with top classes have 1 and done players while a team like UVA plays together multiple years.

And I posted after it was over because I made the statement that if Duke didn't win with the top class ever then that proved it.

I think recruiting rankings 1st came up because I said something about Gonzaga. Someone said something about them having high rank classes recently. I think that was proven as well. If they actually played a meaningful game in last 4 months maybe their outcome changes.
I

I believe it was the Duke team in 2015 with Jahlil Okafor, Justice Winslow, Tyus Jones and Grayson Allen, all frosh, but they had some upper class help with Quinn Cook, Plumlee, and Amile Jefferson.

But I don't disagree with your point about experience at all.

Anthony Davis did win it all in 2012 with Kidd-Gilchrist and Marquis Teague, but had some soph help from Doron Lamb and Terrence Jones.

You can win relying on frosh when they're as generational talented like AD, otherwise you need experience. hell even DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall couldn't win a title.

Reactions: Gunz41
I

I believe it was the Duke team in 2015 with Jahlil Okafor, Justice Winslow, Tyus Jones and Grayson Allen, all frosh, but they had some upper class help with Quinn Cook, Plumlee, and Amile Jefferson.

But I don't disagree with your point about experience at all.

Anthony Davis did win it all in 2012 with Kidd-Gilchrist and Marquis Teague, but had some soph help from Doron Lamb and Terrence Jones.

You can win relying on frosh when they're as generational talented like AD, otherwise you need experience. hell even DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall couldn't win a title.

I will admit that it does help me making that argument that I very much dislike Duke.

But them being overwhelming favorite when they had losses, and at full strength beat UNC by 1 was a bit much. Had I been surprised if they won, no.

Reactions: BigWinners
NCAA selection committee got it right. Them guys and gals knew what they were doing. Tennessee and Michigan St and Gonzaga all benefited from their seeding. There's little difference in a one and two seed and much more of a difference in geographic location when talking about two seeds.

Duke, Carolina, and UVA were the top 3 seeds and we're automatic one seeds. The debate was on the fourth number one seed which was a spot in Anaheim, CA in the West. If Tennessee is a 1 seed, they go West. If Mich St is a 1 seed, they go West, and if Gonzaga isn't a 1 seed, they go somewhere far from the west. The selection committee kept Gonzaga west by being a 1, and Tennessee got to stay close to home by playing in Louisville, and Michigan St in DC. If your Tennessee, your happy to take a two and play in Louisville instead of being a one seed and playing in California for the regionals. So, what I'm saying is, the NCAA often benefits a team by making them a two instead of a 1 seed so they can stay close to home.

NCAA selection committee got it right. Them guys and gals knew what they were doing. Tennessee and Michigan St and Gonzaga all benefited from their seeding. There's little difference in a one and two seed and much more of a difference in geographic location when talking about two seeds.

Duke, Carolina, and UVA were the top 3 seeds and we're automatic one seeds. The debate was on the fourth number one seed which was a spot in Anaheim, CA in the West. If Tennessee is a 1 seed, they go West. If Mich St is a 1 seed, they go West, and if Gonzaga isn't a 1 seed, they go somewhere far from the west. The selection committee kept Gonzaga west by being a 1, and Tennessee got to stay close to home by playing in Louisville, and Michigan St in DC. If your Tennessee, your happy to take a two and play in Louisville instead of being a one seed and playing in California for the regionals. So, what I'm saying is, the NCAA often benefits a team by making them a two instead of a 1 seed so they can stay close to home.

I get your point, and hindsight helps it, but they actually hurt Michigan State. They were the top 2 seed, yet were placed with the top overall seed.

But more than that, I think a case could be made that all 2 seeds, and Texas Tech and Purdue had better claim than Gonzaga. I would say pre controversy LSU as well.

It obviously doesn't matter now, but its hard for me to get over the schedule for Gonzaga. I don't think it's a question if they had the schedule of any of them that they aren't a 1 seed. I actually had no issue with the 68 teams in this year really. A few teams I thought got wrongly seeded, but o well. I can usually cheer for the underdog unless its against a team I like, but not them

why did Carolina automatically deserve a 1?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT