ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Basketball Predictions

The Madison County girls opened their season with a 56-22 win over 4A Orange County.

Abi Tanner led the way with 17 pts. MC held Orange to 8 second half points.

Next at 3A William Monroe Thursday.

Last edited:
Will the 2A state title still go through the Mountain 7 for the 7th year in a row? Who will contend this year?

Not sure if the M7 will still hoist the trophy at year's end, but one thing is for certain, Wise Central will definitely NOT win it this year.

Wise Central and Ridgeview both played 1A Twin Springs in the last two days.

Wise Central beat them by 9 Monday night, Ridgeview beat them by 46 last night. Not saying we (Ridgeview) will win it by any stretch as our girls are young as well, but Wise Central definitely looks to be in a rebuilding year.

Not sure if the M7 will still hoist the trophy at year's end, but one thing is for certain, Wise Central will definitely NOT win it this year.

Wise Central and Ridgeview both played 1A Twin Springs in the last two days.

Wise Central beat them by 9 Monday night, Ridgeview beat them by 46 last night. Not saying we (Ridgeview) will win it by any stretch as our girls are young as well, but Wise Central definitely looks to be in a rebuilding year.

I pretty well assumed as much for Central. Their losses were substantial. While Ridgeview's losses were big for them, their underclassmen (specifically Brooklyn Frazier and Hailey Sutherland) have a chance to be something special in the coming years, and maybe this year, who knows.

I'm interested to see Union and Gate City as well. I don't think either of those saw the personnel losses Wise Central and Ridgeview had.

I feel like this is potentially the most open the field has been across the state for awhile.

Reactions: swva_havok_fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT