ADVERTISEMENT

Girls FINAL: Parry McCluer 51 Surry County 42 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Class 1 Girls Final:

Parry
McCluer 10 Surry County 4 - End 1st

Halftime: Parry McCluer 21 Surry County 16 in Class 1 girls basketball state championship game

DX3tt2AWkAECOew.jpg

Surry has 11 turnovers at halftime but Parry McCluer is just 8-of-32 shooting

Peyton Mohler 13 points.

Surry
6 for 23

Girls Basketball, Class 1 State Finals, End 3rd: Parry McCluer 39, Surry County 25

DX3z4ndV4AAvGW8.jpg

Peyton Mohler with 2 free-throws for Parry McCluer Girls to end Surry's 7-0 run - they lead 41-32 in the 4thQ

Parry McCluer leads Surry County 45-34 with 4:50 to play after buckets by Dunlap and Mohler.

Surry County cuts Parry McCluer lead to 45-39, 3:41 to play

Surry County hanging in. Parry McCluer leads 47-42 with 2:07 to go. Surry ball after missing layup

Class 1 Girls State Championship 4th | :52 Surry County 42 Parry McCluer 50

Girls Basketball, Class 1 State Title Game, FINAL: Parry McCluer 51, Surry County 42. Blues win second straight state championship.

Peyton Mohler led the way with 18 points for PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: OnceAKnight
So this team will probably be back again next season - since they are returning 4 starters.

What's so impressive to me is after losing their starting center a few games ago with a broken leg - they did miss a beat.

I was not as impressed with PM as I was last year, but w/o their starting center I can understand why. It took them a while to get cooking. Surry hung tough when they could've folded.

Pm missed a lot of easy shots..should have won by more ..but credit to Surry for their good D as well..looks like a rematch next season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT