ADVERTISEMENT

Glass fan said “Don’t compare us to GW”.,,

Glass had a good playoff run. They also managed to beat Salem this year. Something I think GW is still chasing. From where I sit, neither school should be crowing too much as both are mere shadows of their former selves. Of course, the exact same thing could be said of a lot of the high school football programs in the state of Virginia. There are still some very good programs in the state, however, at least in my opinion, the overall competitive level has declined quite a bit.

Hey Bo hope all is well! When was the last time GW won the region? Not trying to be funny...I don't know the answer. I am assuming it is a while back, and since we just won it about a week ago that alone would seem to make for a tough comparison for the Eagles. What am I missing here?

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Hey Bo hope all is well! When was the last time GW won the region? Not trying to be funny...I don't know the answer. I am assuming it is a while back, and since we just won it about a week ago that alone would seem to make for a tough comparison for the Eagles. What am I missing here?
Hope all is well my friend. The GW and Glass programs are very comparable. Almost mirror in terms of demographics and competitive success over the years. To answer your specific question, GW hasn’t won the region since 96. 26 long years. It had been longer since Glass last won one and GW owned Glass for almost two decades until 2016. Good season for the Hilltoppers. GW was very young this year and will be very good these next 4-5 years. Glass better enjoy their success now. As @cutnjump eluded to, we are chasing to beat Salem, something you accomplished this year. We will get Salem in the regular season for the next 2 years, so we’ll see how good our Eagles are early.

Gotcha. I'll grant you 2006 through 2015. Looks like the decade before that GW was 6-4 vs. Glass.
Anderson does a good job and we certainly expect the Eagles to bounce back.

interestingly, we also have some young guys who are not graduating and hopefully will become better players moving forward.

And thank you, we will enjoy the Region 4D championship. Some good programs in that group of schools, including GW.

In any case, whoever said "don't compare us to GW" (wasn't me) might have been an Eagles fan in disguise, because the recent comparisons for the Eagles don't look very good.

Gotcha. I'll grant you 2006 through 2015. Looks like the decade before that GW was 6-4 vs. Glass.
Anderson does a good job and we certainly expect the Eagles to bounce back.

interestingly, we also have some young guys who are not graduating and hopefully will become better players moving forward.

And thank you, we will enjoy the Region 4D championship. Some good programs in that group of schools, including GW.

In any case, whoever said "don't compare us to GW" (wasn't me) might have been an Eagles fan in disguise, because the recent comparisons for the Eagles don't look very good.
Recently, GW has more regional championship appearances than Glass. The biggest difference is, Glass brought it home this year. Glass has also beat our Eagles up the past few meetings. I don’t think that trend will last, GW will have some dudes these next few years and has beaten up on Glass’s younger boys.

Hope all is well my friend. The GW and Glass programs are very comparable. Almost mirror in terms of demographics and competitive success over the years. To answer your specific question, GW hasn’t won the region since 96. 26 long years. It had been longer since Glass last won one and GW owned Glass for almost two decades until 2016. Good season for the Hilltoppers. GW was very young this year and will be very good these next 4-5 years. Glass better enjoy their success now. As @cutnjump eluded to, we are chasing to beat Salem, something you accomplished this year. We will get Salem in the regular season for the next 2 years, so we’ll see how good our Eagles are early.
We aren't playing Salem anymore, renewed the contract with Dinwiddie. Not sure what happened, I was looking forward to playing Salem in the regular season.

We aren't playing Salem anymore, renewed the contract with Dinwiddie. Not sure what happened, I was looking forward to playing Salem in the regular season.
Former AD extended the contract. Staunton River replaces open date and Mecklinburg replaces Patrick County.

Ahhh don’t like the Staunton River game Tommy but they are head and shoulders better than Patrick. A lot of teams don’t like scheduling GW so we’ll take it. Mecklenburg’s JV team was better looking than their varsity so they may be good for the next few years. Big boys with speed. I like it. We must be patient but I believe our Eagles will be back in the 4D championship next fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT