ADVERTISEMENT

Glen Allen 13 Varina 7 Half

Very surprised at that Manchester score.

Varina is very disappointing right now.

I wouldn’t say disappointing. QB doesn’t fit their system.
Varina not a pocket passer type of offense. They need a dual-threat.

Manchester look like they goin through the motions. They look as sloppy as they did versus Highland Springs.

Varina not a pocket passer type of offense. They need a dual-threat.

Manchester look like they goin through the motions. They look as sloppy as they did versus Highland Springs.
Exactly. Wood is a hell of a talent, just doesn’t fit that offense but he’s looking better each drive.

Ugly win. I definitely don't think they're a championship team. The offense is the same as last year. They haven't scored more than 2 tds against any of the real competition they've played this year.

F7zL6x8WoAAsjda

Ugly win. I definitely don't think they're a championship team. The offense is the same as last year. They haven't scored more than 2 tds against any of the real competition they've played this year.
Nah man, Varina is legit. They found their RB1 tonight. Malachi Cosby. 6’2 230 runs a 4.55 40. Defense wins championships and the Blue Devils are close to elite level on D.

Reactions: ArcticBuc and SFUWO
I wouldn’t say disappointing. QB doesn’t fit their system.
I agree that the quarterback doesn't fit the system Varina has very good wide receivers just can't get the ball to them to me he rushes his throws.Varina has a very good defense I know they at least sack Glen Allen's quarterback eight times and allowed no points in the second half and gave up one legitimate touchdown in the first half. If it wasn't for all the penalties on Varina he would have caused a little bit more damage. Coach Lewis had them doing up downs at the end of the game

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I agree that the quarterback doesn't fit the system Varina has very good wide receivers just can't get the ball to them to me he rushes his throws.Varina has a very good defense I know they at least sack Glen Allen's quarterback eight times and allowed no points in the second half and gave up one legitimate touchdown in the first half. If it wasn't for all the penalties on Varina he would have caused a little bit more damage. Coach Lewis had them doing up downs at the end of the game
I saw him in the game against freedom, and he reminds me of a young Christian Martin. I felt the same way about Martin, and was wondering how he was getting division one interest,but now I see why, once he took time to develop. I think if you get that kid to the undefeated quarterback academy, he will be something special by his senior year. I’m not sure if the system works for him but he’s got a bunch of athletes to work with if it does.

Yall are saying the QB doesn't fit the system but this is high school football. You can't just recruit some QB to perfectly fit what you want to do. The coaches need to adjust the system to the players !!

Reactions: Thomasddev
Yall are saying the QB doesn't fit the system but this is high school football. You can't just recruit some QB to perfectly fit what you want to do. The coaches need to adjust the system to the players !!
Varina has a kid who will run their system to perfection but Wood has waited his time and it would look bad for them to make a change for a freshman. The freshman (Wyche) is going to be insane!

HS seems to be steeped in turnovers this year. Seems like every game there's a fumble or int. inside the 10 yd. line. I feel like their expectations were as high as they were last year but aren't looking as sharp as last year. Still a work in progress in my eyes.

HS seems to be steeped in turnovers this year. Seems like every game there's a fumble or int. inside the 10 yd. line. I feel like their expectations were as high as they were last year but aren't looking as sharp as last year. Still a work in progress in my eyes.
Martin has not thrown an interception all year. Putting the ball on the ground was an early issue. I don’t like the slow starts!! Perhaps things will change when Noah and Eli come back. I know they were missing a bunch of OLineman against Henrico. This team just needs to get healthy for the playoffs.

They JUST BEAT THEM ON THEIR FIELD! 🤫🤫🤫
Who won the first game ever on your new field? 😅

Y’all don’t have anyone to guard D1, Eric Smith or Tae Gilpin on defense. Varina will be the best team y'all see besides Maury.

Y’all don’t have anyone to guard D1, Eric Smith or Tae Gilpin on defense. Varina will be the best team y'all see besides Maury.
I truly hate to say it but HSHS is beating Varina by 14+.

That’s not true! Miramar is STILL nationally ranked and Manchester is better than Varina,and quite honestly,it’s not close! All 3 of the teams HS opened with are 2 TDs better than Varina,if not more. If Glen Allen can guard those 2,I’m quite sure our DBs can! 🤫🤫🤫

Sophomore QB playing his first varsity game vs Chambers left them crying on their field once he got experience the next yr. 😎

Who's still nationally ranking Miramar? 3-3, #19 team in 3M per CalPreps, #1751 overall. Any team with a pulse has beaten them. Best win over Pembroke Pines Charter, the #44 team in 3M per CalPreps. Whatever national ranking you're reading needs their heads checked if they've got Miramar anywhere near top 500 in the country. Solid team last year, only losses to a couple of tough programs and I totally understand why HSHS hopped on the chance to schedule them but they are not the Miramar of last year, simple as. Nothing HS can do about it but can't act like you beat a top 100-200 team there.

Who's still nationally ranking Miramar? 3-3, #19 team in 3M per CalPreps, #1751 overall. Any team with a pulse has beaten them. Best win over Pembroke Pines Charter, the #44 team in 3M per CalPreps. Whatever national ranking you're reading needs their heads checked if they've got Miramar anywhere near top 500 in the country. Solid team last year, only losses to a couple of tough programs and I totally understand why HSHS hopped on the chance to schedule them but they are not the Miramar of last year, simple as. Nothing HS can do about it but can't act like you beat a top 100-200 team there.
https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/new-high-school-football-america-300-national-rankings-week-7/ Look at #224! Then….🤫! Look who they’ve lost to then once again….🤫! Your amount of losses do not matter if they are against far superior teams. There is not a single team in Virginia that would be within five touchdowns of Saint Thomas Aquinas, which is one of their losses. Their other two losses are two top 300 teams, which includes Highland Springs. This isn’t some computer generated bull crap poll like Cal preps. Do you realize Cal preps has Trinity ranked ahead of Highland Springs and so does MaxPreps. Did you see what happened to Trinity yesterday? For the record, if you look at Miramar‘s roster, they have more players committed to play at the next level than any other team in Virginia, including Maury and highland springs. Fact is there is not a single Virginia team that would beat any of the top 25 teams in Florida, and yes, Miramar is ranked number 33 down there. That would be easily top-five here in any division.

LMAO, Carol Preps had chambers beating Highland Springs by two touchdowns last year. How did that end up? Cal Preps had Maury beating Highland Springs last yr and HS beating Maury THIS year. It’s a garbage sight, but you can keep following it.

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/new-high-school-football-america-300-national-rankings-week-7/ Look at #224! Then….🤫! Look who they’ve lost to then once again….🤫! Your amount of losses do not matter if they are against far superior teams. There is not a single team in Virginia that would be within five touchdowns of Saint Thomas Aquinas, which is one of their losses. Their other two losses are two top 300 teams, which includes Highland Springs. This isn’t some computer generated bull crap poll like Cal preps. Do you realize Cal preps has Trinity ranked ahead of Highland Springs and so does MaxPreps. Did you see what happened to Trinity yesterday? For the record, if you look at Miramar‘s roster, they have more players committed to play at the next level than any other team in Virginia, including Maury and highland springs. Fact is there is not a single Virginia team that would beat any of the top 25 teams in Florida, and yes, Miramar is ranked number 33 down there. That would be easily top-five here in any division.

LMAO, Carol Preps had chambers beating Highland Springs by two touchdowns last year. How did that end up? Cal Preps had Maury beating Highland Springs last yr and HS beating Maury THIS year. It’s a garbage sight, but you can keep following it.

Focusing only on who they've lost to, completely ignoring who they've beaten (which is three nobodies).

Also very thoroughly amused about your "computer generated bull crap poll" statement when all you have to do is scroll to the bottom of that site's poll and see that they flat out tell you they use "computer generated bull crap" to give their rankings 🤣

Focusing only on who they've lost to, completely ignoring who they've beaten (which is three nobodies).

Also very thoroughly amused about your "computer generated bull crap poll" statement when all you have to do is scroll to the bottom of that site's poll and see that they flat out tell you they use "computer generated bull crap" to give their rankings 🤣
They have beaten the teams they are supposed to beat that are in their district Handily. That’s what good teams do. They lost to the number 202 team in the nation by a touchdown and the number 179 team by less than a touchdown. They lost to the top 10 team in the nation pretty bad, but Saint Thomas does that to every team. If you go to these rankings and see how many teams are from Florida and from there county,it’s ridiculous. Of the Florida teams in the top 12,all but one are from their county. They are number 33 in Florida. Once again, that is top five in Virginia!

These rankings are actually based on head to head for the most part. NOT COMPLETELY,but the most part. Freedom & Phoebus are in there, but they haven’t played anybody, so they’re not going to be any higher than where they are ranked. I think if freedom had finished the game with Dematha, then they would be ranked higher, but the game wasn’t completed. Photo has not played a team in the top 300. Trinity played a team from Ohio it is ranked very high, but they got destroyed. They got destroyed by the number 11 ranked team in the Maryland DC area Saturday so they’re not going to be in the rankings. MaxPreps has them right number one in Richmond. That’s another reason why I don’t trust maxpreps anymore.

We did christen their stadium 😂 with the backup nonetheless, but sh!t cost us $40,000, and all those games. That was a bad deal all the way around, and they did get us at home which doesn't happen often. Weren't good on big downs. Not quite enough to win at least.

Last edited:
We did christen their stadium 😂 with the backup nonetheless, but sh!t cost us $40,000, and all those games. That was a bad deal all the way around, and they did get us at home which doesn't happen often. Weren't good on big downs. Not quite enough to win at least.
Chambers would beat HS pretty good this year. I would say they’re a step up from Manchester and a couple notches down from Maury.

Varina/HS will be another 14-7 game this year. Could go either way: I think Varina has the better defense and better players. HS has a way better offense.

Maury for sure. Varina is up there with Maury, Phoebus, Salem and James Madison (NoVA) though.
I hope you did not put this down with a straight face! Varina just struggled with Glennallen. Yeah, the same Glennallen team that got hooker slapped by Thomas Dale by 3TDs. With that logic, you think Thomas Dale is better than Maury, Phoebus,Salem, and James Madison(I don’t think they beat Westfield next time). The Varina offense is garbage. The defense has been lock down, except for when they actually faced a good offense. HS still has more talent than any team in Richmond, and they continue to prove it.

I bet you were one of the ones that thought Huguenot was legit too! Lmao!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT