ADVERTISEMENT

Glen Allen 13 Varina 7 Half

I hope you did not put this down with a straight face! Varina just struggled with Glennallen. Yeah, the same Glennallen team that got hooker slapped by Thomas Dale by 3TDs. With that logic, you think Thomas Dale is better than Maury, Phoebus,Salem, and James Madison(I don’t think they beat Westfield next time). The Varina offense is garbage. The defense has been lock down, except for when they actually faced a good offense. HS still has more talent than any team in Richmond, and they continue to prove it.

I bet you were one of the ones that thought Huguenot was legit too! Lmao!
1. GA scored on a broken coverage 4th down play and their RB Chavis, who is a hell of a player, scored. Once Varina went up, there was no doubt that they’d win as their defensive line had 7+ sacks. Varina didn’t struggle with them (other than the offense clunking out).

2. ?????? You’re the only guy comparing Dale to those teams. I put Varina’s defense in that category.

3. You sound very insecure. Dale is the only undefeated team in the 804. Beat Dinwiddie and Mataoca with their backup QB. HS should be very concerned with Manchester and Dale.

4. Huguenot got a lot of people’s respect Friday. The way Dinwiddie has struggled with turnovers and Varina’s offensive identity still at bay, nobody should be writing Huguenot off.

5. Varina and HS are two very good teams. HS’s offense > Varina’s offense and Varina’s defense > HS’s defense. Both teams have a lot of great players and it’s a rivalry game that can go either way. HS better beat them while they can cause they won’t beat Varina the next 3-4 years.

I hope you did not put this down with a straight face! Varina just struggled with Glennallen. Yeah, the same Glennallen team that got hooker slapped by Thomas Dale by 3TDs. With that logic, you think Thomas Dale is better than Maury, Phoebus,Salem, and James Madison(I don’t think they beat Westfield next time). The Varina offense is garbage. The defense has been lock down, except for when they actually faced a good offense. HS still has more talent than any team in Richmond, and they continue to prove it.

I bet you were one of the ones that thought Huguenot was legit too! Lmao!
Varina didn't struggle against Glen Allen they struggle within !! with all those penalties Friday night maybe 10 or more and they were all at crucial plays of the game. Varina even had a kickoff return for a touchdown call back for holding. The defense gave up 40 yards in penalties and put Glenn Allen in scoring position. ,Varina tighten up in the second half allowed Glen Allen no points and they scored two touchdowns.. to me a good team is a team that can clean up there mistakes and come back and win a ball game. Varina even had 10 or more sacks that night in the second half I really do believe they would have beat freedom if they had about 4 minutes left in the game they just took a little longer to get there act together. I feel Varina left 14 points on the field against Glen Allen. Coach Lewis had them doing jumping jacks and up downs at the end of the game.

Varina didn't struggle against Glen Allen they struggle within !! with all those penalties Friday night maybe 10 or more and they were all at crucial plays of the game. Varina even had a kickoff return for a touchdown call back for holding. The defense gave up 40 yards in penalties and put Glenn Allen in scoring position. ,Varina tighten up in the second half allowed Glen Allen no points and they scored two touchdowns.. to me a good team is a team that can clean up there mistakes and come back and win a ball game. Varina even had 10 or more sacks that night in the second half I really do believe they would have beat freedom if they had about 4 minutes left in the game they just took a little longer to get there act together. I feel Varina left 14 points on the field against Glen Allen. Coach Lewis had them doing jumping jacks and up downs at the end of the game.
Facts

They have beaten the teams they are supposed to beat that are in their district Handily. That’s what good teams do. They lost to the number 202 team in the nation by a touchdown and the number 179 team by less than a touchdown. They lost to the top 10 team in the nation pretty bad, but Saint Thomas does that to every team. If you go to these rankings and see how many teams are from Florida and from there county,it’s ridiculous. Of the Florida teams in the top 12,all but one are from their county. They are number 33 in Florida. Once again, that is top five in Virginia!

These rankings are actually based on head to head for the most part. NOT COMPLETELY,but the most part. Freedom & Phoebus are in there, but they haven’t played anybody, so they’re not going to be any higher than where they are ranked. I think if freedom had finished the game with Dematha, then they would be ranked higher, but the game wasn’t completed. Photo has not played a team in the top 300. Trinity played a team from Ohio it is ranked very high, but they got destroyed. They got destroyed by the number 11 ranked team in the Maryland DC area Saturday so they’re not going to be in the rankings. MaxPreps has them right number one in Richmond. That’s another reason why I don’t trust maxpreps anymore.

People are finally starting to notice MaxPreps isn't that great. HSFA isn't either. Butler at #42?? 🤔😂

You can go up and down those rankings and find things that don't make sense. How about Dutch Fork still sitting at #260? This is the worst year for them in a good while. I guess they'll drop out after their fifth loss.

Meanwhile, Lee County has one loss to #13 Colquitt County, and they're all the way back at #125? Goodness, where would they be if they lost to...I don't know, Rolesville instead? 🤣😂

I'm sorry, but there's no way anyone paying attention (and I know you do) can take these things seriously outside about the top 25.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
People are finally starting to notice MaxPreps isn't that great. HSFA isn't either. Butler at #42?? 🤔😂

You can go up and down those rankings and find things that don't make sense. How about Dutch Fork still sitting at #260? This is the worst year for them in a good while. I guess they'll drop out after their fifth loss.

Meanwhile, Lee County has one loss to #13 Colquitt County, and they're all the way back at #125? Goodness, where would they be if they lost to...I don't know, Rolesville instead? 🤣😂

I'm sorry, but there's no way anyone paying attention (and I know you do) can take these things seriously outside about the top 25.

Honestly, it's why I prefer CalPreps. No human element beyond the construction of the algorithm which any statistician worth their salt would never subjectively alter to favor this program or that, this state or that anyway. MaxPreps incorporates CalPreps but a human element as well (HSFA likely does the same but again, they flat out say at the bottom they have an algorithm).

I like the computer part of the BCS back then, too, because at least you knew what you were getting. Writers and coaches are wayyyyyyy too subjective to ever be trusted in such situations. An algorithm is more easily tweaked and altered (and CalPreps has been doing this for like fifteen years iirc) to better fine tune things, humans are not. At least when I compare teams using CalPreps it all stays relative when comparing. No system is perfect but I think for the purposes of HS football, there there's literally 10,000+ teams, a computer does the best job ranking and comparing because there is just no way for humans to do it remotely as well and remain objective.

Honestly, it's why I prefer CalPreps. No human element beyond the construction of the algorithm which any statistician worth their salt would never subjectively alter to favor this program or that, this state or that anyway. MaxPreps incorporates CalPreps but a human element as well (HSFA likely does the same but again, they flat out say at the bottom they have an algorithm).

I like the computer part of the BCS back then, too, because at least you knew what you were getting. Writers and coaches are wayyyyyyy too subjective to ever be trusted in such situations. An algorithm is more easily tweaked and altered (and CalPreps has been doing this for like fifteen years iirc) to better fine tune things, humans are not. At least when I compare teams using CalPreps it all stays relative when comparing. No system is perfect but I think for the purposes of HS football, there there's literally 10,000+ teams, a computer does the best job ranking and comparing because there is just no way for humans to do it remotely as well and remain objective.

Yeah, it's a nearly impossible task after a certain point, but I much prefer ratings if I'm going to look at anything.

It's not that polls like that are worthless either. If you're in the top 300, chances are you're pretty good, and deserve the recognition. I just never pay much attention to the order like I said after the top 25 or so because they're usually all over the place.

Last edited:
Who won the first game ever on your new field? 😅

Y’all don’t have anyone to guard D1, Eric Smith or Tae Gilpin on defense. Varina will be the best team y'all see besides Maury.
Nope, I would not put Varina over Miramar and maybe not Manchester either. Varina is chalked with talent but their coaching leaves alot to be desired.

Nope, I would not put Varina over Miramar and maybe not Manchester either. Varina is chalked with talent but their coaching leaves alot to be desired.
I respect it. Varina had some personnel changes within their staff and you can tell they’re having some growing pains. From top to bottom, I think they’re the most talented team in C4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT